cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

hiding completed purchases from "my purchases"

Hiding completed purchases works fine for single items purchased from a seller.

But when more than one item is bought from the same seller and I try to use the Hide Order button it doesn't work.

It says "you have hidden this order" but when you refresh its back!

Message 1 of 16
latest reply
15 REPLIES 15

I think I understand what's going on. Are you trying to individually hide items that you multi purchased? If so, then indeed, that does not work. The items you purchased should be in an individual box section with all the items listed below it. At the top is a blue colored, View Order Detail box there. Look under it. There you will find the contact seller icon. Just under that says More Actions. Click the More Actions and you will find the correct Hide Order option that will hide all the orders from that seller. Hope this helps.
Message 2 of 16
latest reply

@telmoreayls,

The hide order button has always been problematic, and as you noted it stops working on refreshing a page or logging back in.  The usual reason for wanting to hide items, is to keep family or friends from seeing purchases, and even if the hide order button did work there are ways the purchases can be found.  The info is in the paypal transaction details, and with some work can be found through feedback. 

One of the few ways a purchase can be truly hidden is to start a second ID, and not share the login info with anyone. Never stay logged into the account when leaving a device unattended, and delete it from your history.  To be completely stealthy start a new paypal account as well.  I had to do those things to keep a certain snoopy family member from finding out what gifts she may be getting.  If you have a good close by friend or neighbor have packages shipped to them on the downlow.

"THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS FOOLPROOF, BECAUSE FOOLS ARE SO DARNED INGENIOUS!" (unknown)
Message 3 of 16
latest reply

I only hide them so I can keep track of whats still to arrive - always works with single items but with multiples "hide order" works sometimes and not others!

Message 4 of 16
latest reply

I am using the Hide Order button it's just not working.....
Message 5 of 16
latest reply

Soon to be July 2019, and the problem persists.  #EbayDoesNotCare Smiley Indifferent

Message 6 of 16
latest reply

I am having the same "hide order" problem and it is driving me NUTS. Please fix ebay.

Message 7 of 16
latest reply

same here i can hide individual items not problem. but if i try and hide multiple from the same order it just comes back. not trying to hide just one from multiple i want the whole order hidden. i like to keep my purchase history clean and organized. makes it easier to keep track

Message 8 of 16
latest reply

Same problem here... please don't explain to us users how to hide an order on eBay... jeesh! We know how to hide an order... Doesn't matter what I do the order will not hide. When you hide the order, it acts like it is hidden until you go back to your summary page and then... oops there it is! WTH?
Message 9 of 16
latest reply

I'm having the same problem, just started happening a couple weeks ago.  Like you I like to hide an order after I've received it, looked it over and left feedback so my list is only orders I'm still waiting on.  This is driving me nuts and I can't figure out what's going on, it's happening on multiple computers so is not an issue with browser history.  If someone knows how to fix this I'd love to hear it so I can unclutter my purchase history...

Message 10 of 16
latest reply

Same issue for me, been going on for about a month. Not a problem in the past.

Message 11 of 16
latest reply

I, too, have just started to have this problem of not being able to hide multiple purchases from the same seller.

Like others, this is the way I keep track of what has not been delivered as of yet.

EBay must have a glitch somewhere and I wish they would address it.

Message 12 of 16
latest reply

tyler@ebay

I am having same issues and have for some time.

Tyler, can you figure out what is going on?

Message 13 of 16
latest reply

According to palisadespark, you can still hide items from the orders section of the Summary page.

See here:

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Technical-Issues/HIDING-COMPLETED-PURCHASES/m-p/30034587/highlight/tru...

Message 14 of 16
latest reply

Yup, same problem towards the end of July, still  not fixed.  And no meaningful response from eBay other than to think we are all stupid and don't know how to hide orders.  Hiding ordes works for single orders but when you have multiple orders from the same sender, you can hide it, but then eBay unhides it the next time you are on the page.  

Message 15 of 16
latest reply