cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

fraudulent seller

I was the victim of a seller, he sold me a fake watch, I realized 3 months later, what can be done in this case? I have tried to contact an ebay representative but everything is robotic, I am disappointed with the help of ebay I cannot contact a person who can help me with the fraudulent seller
Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

fraudulent seller

after 30 days there is nothing you can do about it on ebay.

If you paid with paypal or a credit card you can contact them about getting your money back up to about 180 days.

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

fraudulent seller

@monster-deals wrote:

after 30 days there is nothing you can do about it on ebay.

If you paid with paypal or a credit card you can contact them about getting your money back up to about 180 days.

@chakly7575 

There's a caution with this advice. After May 20 Paypal is changing their deadline to open an item not as described case to 30 days. So unless you open a Paypal case immediately you'll need to dispute the charge with your credit card.

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

fraudulent seller

Time limits

eBay 30 days from delivery

Paypal 180 days from purchase

Credit card  up to a year

If you paid by credit card, contact your card company.  Check the exact purchase date to see if just squeak by with paypal.   Or contact the payment service you used.

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

fraudulent seller

@kathiec wrote:

After May 20 Paypal is changing their deadline to open an item not as described case to 30 days.

Aww you brought me a small ray of sunshine to brighten my day.

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

fraudulent seller

@kathiec I have been giving out the 180 days advice too until I saw you mention this the other day. If it's not too much trouble; can you please help me understand what the new PayPal policy means for not as described? I keep reading what PayPal says and I'm not really understanding what they're saying about the 180 days part. 

https://www.paypal.com/us/legalhub/upcoming-policies-full

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

fraudulent seller

@kitschy*loot 

I think they're just trying to cover purchases that take an extended time to deliver, e.g, a presale. For those not wanting to search for it, here's the verbiage of the May 20 policy update:

"Significantly Not as Described claims must be opened by the buyer in the Resolution Center within 30 days of the delivery or fulfillment of an order or within 180 days of the date a payment was sent by the buyer to the seller, whichever is sooner."

I would think there are only going to be rare cases where 180 days from payment is sooner than 30 days from delivery or fulfillment. About the only thing I can think of where the 180 days would come into play is a custom order or presale that takes a long time to arrive. In those instances if the package comes 181 days past the payment date the buyer is out of luck, because the 180 days past payment is sooner than the 30 days past delivery.

Message 7 of 7
latest reply