cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ebay customer service is no help!

I bought a driver's side fender trim for my wifes  car and the seller shipped the passenger side!  I recieved it on mar5 and when I realized it was the wrong part I got on ebay to start a return , so I contacted the seller on mar 27th, after about a month of no reply I contacted ebay (online) to request a return they opened a return request but did nothing else today I finally got ahold of a real person and was told they would do nothing because it had been over 30 days!! so basically I'm out the $80!  goodby ebay hello amazon

Message 1 of 11
latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

You only have 30 days to start a return on Amazon, so don't think you'll be happy there either. The fact is that eBay, like most online retailers, has deadlines for opening a return case. I'm not sure of the timing from your post, but had you just opened a return request in your purchase history by April 4 you would have gotten a return shipping label and a refund. Trying to contact customer service outside the automated Money Back Guarantee process seldom works well.

But you're not necessarily out $80. If you paid with Paypal you can still open a case there, or you can dispute the charge if you paid with a credit card.

Message 2 of 11
latest reply

@davidlt2013 

You only had 30 days after you received the item to file for a return.

Next time, go to your purchase history and click return item and select, the item doesn't match the description as the reason.
The seller will have 3 days to accept the return and pay return shipping or refund without returning.
If they don't, return to the case on day 4 and ask Ebay to step in.

Have a safe Memorial Day weekend.
Message 3 of 11
latest reply

I did that! I sent a return request to the shipper within 30 days , he did not answer me so I asked ebay to contact him and they supposedly did but I never heard anything or got any reply from ebay!!

Message 4 of 11
latest reply

It's not enough to just message the seller with the request. If you go to the item in your purchase history there's a big blue button that says "Return this item". You click that, and on the next page select that the item was not as described. That's what opens a case under eBay's Money Back Guarantee. It's not necessary to contact the seller or to even contact eBay, and both of those actions can drag things past the deadline. All that's necessary is to start the automated return process.

Message 5 of 11
latest reply

I did that and ebay just opened a case never contacted me or the shipper or could not force shipper to refund me

Message 6 of 11
latest reply

@davidlt2013 wrote:

I did that and ebay just opened a case never contacted me or the shipper or could not force shipper to refund me

What reason did you select for the return? Did you go back to the case on the fourth day and ask eBay to step in?

Message 7 of 11
latest reply

ebay caters to scammers. why should the buyer have to go through the work of packing and shipping and pay to ship trash we never ordered. a picture of the trash we never ordered should be all that is needed . we pay and wait . all sellers should do the same. I they really need their trash back, it is the buyer who needs to pay for time and shipping and provide paid shipping label and all shipping materials needed. only then will sellers start sending what we ordered. 

Message 8 of 11
latest reply

Deja vu all over again...

The MBG will save a buyer in almost every case when applied correctly and on time. Buyers:

MUST file an Item Not As Described, if the item doesn't match the description; or if the item does not arrive PERIOD - an Item Not Received.

This MUST be filed within a 30 day window starting one day past the EDD.

DO NOT waste time contacting the seller past one message.

DO NOT waste time contacting CS... the MBG was created to circumvent that in the first place - act NOW.

Any thing past doing any of the above relies on luck... And we know how that works. 

There are three or four major topics discussed here which I wish were stickied to prevent overposting of this type of issue... And this one is a biggie.

Message 9 of 11
latest reply

It is also important that when buying an item online that is subjected to a limited return window, it behooves the buyer to make sure that the item is correct and that it works APON RECEIPT of said item. 

Unfortunately, waiting til later eats up valuable time, and then calling CS ( who are unaware themselves sometimes as to procedure) to open a case within the expired window will yield bad results. 

It is up to the buyer to follow through... The lifeline is there but if you don't catch it, you will sink.

Message 10 of 11
latest reply

Hello Everyone,

Due to the age of the thread, it has been closed to further replies. Please feel free to start a new thread if you wish to continue to discuss this topic.

Thanks for understanding!

Message 11 of 11
latest reply