cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

eBay threatening to take away my ability to return things for legitimate returns

Whenever I submit return requests now I get a warning that eBay detected "unusual behavior" because I'm returning things too much. But every single return was 100% legitimate. The very last one was a 100% counterfeit item (which I went over in my previous post). The one before that was a "new" lamp that arrived dented up, torn, with a missing light switch. The one before that, I was sent a defective water bottle listed as new, with the print totally blurred. One before that, a "new open box" Fitbit that would not hold a charge. One before that, a phone that was listed as "new open box" that spontaneously shut down after a few minutes of use, over and over. One before that, "new" bras that arrived soiled in a B.O. stench. I didn't even submit a return request for a pair of earbuds I bought that arrived caked in a thick layer of yellow earwax. I provided evidence for most of these returns, except the devices which I couldn't document, but they were returned in the exact condition I received them in. There were countless other times I got things as not described but kept them, like that time I bought a $150 purse that had makeup stains all over inside which wasn't mentioned anywhere.

Sellers routinely are obviously not even checking the items they are selling. I only buy from sellers with maybe a 98% minimum rating, but it seems like the more merchandise the sellers are moving, the more likely it is that I get something totally not as described.

Normally I'm sure you'd say oh, you must be taking advantage of the system etc. but in my case I can say I've been receiving things not as stated way way too frequently. There is a huge quality problem. And as for my last purchase that turned out to be counterfeit, I did everything I could to stop them but eBay has done nothing in response to my reports and removed my feedback for that seller!

Now I'm shifting to only buying from huge reputable sellers like Adidas that sell things in perfect condition with the tags still on.

Buying on eBay is crap.

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

eBay threatening to take away my ability to return things for legitimate returns

Your post has been answered in the first thread you started. Creating multiple posts on the same topic is not only redundant but it is also considered spam.

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Buying/eBay-keeps-threatening-to-revoke-my-ability-to-return-things/td... 

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

eBay does flag buyers that return too many items.    You will have to stop buying items that are leading to all those returns.  Just have to buy those items from other places other than eBay.

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

Yes I thought I was editing the post. Now I have no way to delete the other posts. No ability to delete a post here? Wow

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

@kitionline wrote:

Yes I thought I was editing the post. Now I have no way to delete the other posts. No ability to delete a post here? Wow

To delete a post simply click the arrow at the top right, select 'Report inappropriate content' and ask the moderators to delete it.

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

Buying on eBay is crap.

@kitionline 

I'm selective about what and where I buy from. I've had good luck with eBay, but if I'd had your problems, I'd give it up, too.

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

@kitionline You really need to vet your sellers as best you can. I don't buy from anyone that has less than 98% positive feedback unless they only have one or two negatives and I can tell it was an unfair situation that was caused by the buyer.

Sometimes you have to pick your battles... I don't go around returning things left and right because that can be held against you. Now obviously if it was an item that was too expensive or important for me to just let it slide I would return it, but I have kept many items that deserved to be returned because I look at the big picture and I could live with the flaws.

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

@kitionline wrote:

Whenever I submit return requests now I get a warning that eBay detected "unusual behavior" because I'm returning things too much. 

Buying on eBay is crap.

Unlucky with online buying, in person buying could be the future

Message 8 of 8
latest reply