cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

eBay removed my feedback for a seller

I buy and sell on eBay. I mention that because I know the rules of what you are allowed to say and can't say when leaving feedback. However, I recently purchased a pair of Sony WH-1000XM4 Headphones. I should note, I have the Sony WH-1000XM3's. Purchased them new from SONY.

The headphones were listed as preowned with all the original accessories, but got them for a good deal. However, once they arrived I was suspicious of their authenticity. The cables included were generic cables (not SONY like what is originally included) and there didn't seem to be any noise cancelling. Like I said, I have the older version (released in 2018-2019 I believe), so I have a general idea of how they're supposed to sound.

The feedback I left was neutral and said "On the fence about this purchase. I am unsure about their authenticity, because I have Sony WH-1000XM3's - and these don't have the same original cables that SONY uses, and the noise cancelling feature doesn't seen to exist. Purchased for a good price, but I have a feeling these may be refurnished or not authentic". 

The feedback has been removed, so nothing I can do at this point. Even though I didn't get an email from eBay telling me they removed my feedback due to a violation.

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

There was no reason to remove it, don't even waste your time trying to figure it out. I've been through this issue many times. Ebay removes negs and neutrals to prop up seller ratings, period. Higher ratings = more sales = more profit...

View Best Answer in original post

Message 6 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

Did you open a return and get refunded? That would be one reason why it was removed. Other than that eBay is never going to send a message saying why feedback was removed they just remove it without explaination.  

Message 2 of 9
latest reply

No, I still haven't opened a case or a return for the headphones. I was going to wait and see if the seller messaged me after seeing the feedback, but so far nothing other than the feedback removal. 

Message 3 of 9
latest reply

does the seller have a free returns policy or are they a top rated seller with a return policy?

“Birth certificates show that you were born. Death certificates show that you died. Photographs show that you have lived.” -Unknown
Message 4 of 9
latest reply

No. Seller does not accept returns, and nothing signifying they're a top rated seller. However, they did have 100% positive feedback prior to the feedback I left. What's interesting is that they have a brick and mortar store, but the brick and mortar stores only sell audio equipment for home theaters, media rooms, custom whole-house AV systems, smart home automation & control systems, telecommunication and networking systems, as well as expert design and custom installation services.

Message 5 of 9
latest reply

There was no reason to remove it, don't even waste your time trying to figure it out. I've been through this issue many times. Ebay removes negs and neutrals to prop up seller ratings, period. Higher ratings = more sales = more profit...

Message 6 of 9
latest reply

I just had a negative feedback on one of my nonresponsive lamp sellers removed.  It was there for 3 days until ebay forced a refund from the seller; it didn't have any of the 'triggers' that would have qualified it for automatic removal. 

Coffee is my friend.

T&S Tool #10mm ratchet
Message 7 of 9
latest reply

I think there was a reason that they would remove it. You are publicly 'questioning' the authenticity, which in and of itself, is an unfounded accusation (yes, you may KNOW what you know, but you are not the hired proven authority for eBay of what is and what is not authentic). For that reason alone, a seller can probably get it removed. 

Feedback for a transaction is simply the transaction. I paid, They shipped, I received. On the negative side, 'wasn't packed well, arrived broken" or "smelled like smoke" etc.

Anything talking about cases, returns, authenticity as well as the other obvious things, are reasons that a facebook rep may remove the feedback. 

Message 8 of 9
latest reply

My feeling at this point. I left the feedback to warn other potential buyers. The seller has at least 40-50 of these headphones listed - some using the same photos. But, it is what it is. 

Message 9 of 9
latest reply