cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

eBay is a joke

Seller charged nme for Priority shipping and shipped First Class. I asked the seller about it and never received an answer. Left appropriate feedback stating the problem and Ebay removes it.

No bad language, just feedback regarding the problem. It looks like I’ll be using Amazon full time. With Prome shipping there has never been an issue.

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

Re: eBay is a joke

Feedback is meaningless and eBay doesn't use it as a measure of seller accounts.

That is left for the Resolution Centre at the bottom of most pages here.

I think the Dispute would be on Not As Described with the difference being using a cheaper, slower method of shipping than advertised.

If the seller is a PowerSeller, one of their perks is that FB can't be left for seven days from delivery.  Then FB can be left as usual.

Message 2 of 9
latest reply

shipping time:if you got it before estimated delivery date.

could be reason for removal.

in most cases priority and first class tales the same time.

if you paid extra for priority,your fault for doing so.

if default,seller will ship cheapest way.

if shipped ground,that would be  a different story.

Message 3 of 9
latest reply

@aeriavyjb_9,

"Seller charged nme for Priority shipping and shipped First Class. I asked the seller about it and never received an answer. Left appropriate feedback stating the problem and Ebay removes it."

If your feedback mentioned shipping/arriving late and tracking showed it that was not the case, that is grounds for automatic removal. 

If what you purchased is also what you sometimes sell, it is possible the seller could have the feedback removed claiming you were trying to hurt a competitor.  A good reason to use separate usernames for buying and selling.

If you tried contacting the seller over the weekend it's possible they did not respond because they took advantage of the 3 day weekend and went away and did not receive your message before you left the feedback. It's possible if the seller uses Templates, that the chose the wrong one or didn't change their shipping rule.   Have you checked your PayPal account to see if you received a partial refund?

"It looks like I’ll be using Amazon full time. With Prome shipping there has never been an issue".

Much of what you buy is not available on that site, and they do have their problems with delivery sometimes.  Besides with Free Shipping you do not know if you are being overcharged.

"THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS FOOLPROOF, BECAUSE FOOLS ARE SO DARNED INGENIOUS!" (unknown)
Message 4 of 9
latest reply

@femmefan1946 wrote:

cheaper, slower method of shipping than advertised.

Cheaper yes, slower, no.

Message 5 of 9
latest reply

I would've contacted the seller first and then Ebay customer service , and let them know they shipped with a cheaper method and demand your shipping money back, if seller refused to help.

Happened to me quite a few times. Sometimes the seller cooperated and refunded the shipping and sometimes I got Ebay involved.

Message 6 of 9
latest reply

As a seller, I am sorry you had this experience. I would be pretty irritated if I paid for priority shipping and it was shipped first class. If you contacted the seller with no response, I would contact ebay and see what they say. If someone charged $8 and stated first class / standard shipping and you buy it...there's really nothing to complain about..In your situation though, you paid for priority shipping then it was the sellers responsibility to ship it that way. IMO not doing so lacks integrity. What if it was a birthday gift? Or you were leaving for a trip and the only reason you bought it was because of a time constraint? What if your concern was the item being insured? I would call ebay and see what they can do for you.

Message 7 of 9
latest reply

Since no one can see your FB now we can only presume to know, or if you update with exactly what you wrote would be better. Your timeline also may have something to do with why it was removed. Did you give the seller time to respond? Not everyone lives on eBay and they may have been away for a few days. Again, not knowing the timeline doesn't help. 

One time I purchased a small item and paid for priority because that was all that was offered by the seller. My item was low weight so should have been shipped first class. When it arrived several days later, not within priority shipping time, I saw that the seller shipped it first class. So I wrote the seller to inquire why. It took them a few days to answer but they did. They said it was an error and no big deal. So I responded that it was then no big deal for them to refund me the difference since I didn't get the shipping time that was listed in their auction. No response for another few days. I simply waited them out. Then I got a notice of a refund of some $3.00 back so I left them positive FB, there was nothing wrong with the item and I wanted it. This was just about the principal, they offered a service they charged me for but used a slower service. Seller never did leave me any FB so I added them to my BBL and moved on. 

Message 8 of 9
latest reply

As sellers we are given multiple places to clearly indicate the methods and costs of shipping. Sellers who are not sending items the way they are described in the listing are doing this intentionally. I have zero tolerance for it. Ding 'em in feedback and ding 'em hard.

And ... I suspect you don't need other sellers or buyers telling you what does and doesn't matter to you in a transaction. We have rules around here and overcharging for shipping is against them. 

Happy Thanksgiving,

Jackie

Message 9 of 9
latest reply