cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

eBay ignores reqeusts to remove counterfeit sellers

I've reported quite a few sellers recently that are clearly selling counterfeit items and defrauding buyers.  eBay has done nothing at all, won't even acknowledge the report.  The criminals continue on their platform.  Sorry eBay, can't trust you.  Won't be using you ever again.

Message 1 of 42
latest reply
41 REPLIES 41

eBay is not here. This is a peer to peer forum.

But know that with 180,000,000 members and BILLIONS of listings and MILLIONS of transactions everyday, a 'seller' does NOT get their items taken down or get reprimanded because some 'anyone'  says 'they are selling fakes'. 

If you own the copyright of something, you can join VERO and then report. At that time, the items will be taken down.

Message 2 of 42
latest reply

Hmm we a re seeing a lot of users having to deal with eBay saying real items are counterfeit: so some of that reporting may be doing some thing.....

Message 3 of 42
latest reply

Appears as though you've received feedback for seven purchases in the last twelve months, and thirty-eight in the last twenty-plus years. 

Message 4 of 42
latest reply

@gussharp68,

As @stainlessenginecovers , mentioned there are millions of sellers and listings, so there is no way for ebay to vet each seller and listing.  They also cannot afford to pull listings on the say so of one person, whose expertise they cannot verify.

No matter what site you shop on there are bound to be counterfeit, misleading, and scam listings. eBay has one of the best buyer protection policies in online retail, the Money Back Guarantee (MBG).  Those who read and follow the terms and time frames of the MBG will not lose their money.  However, the best protection a buyer can have is to do their own due diligence and learn about what they want to buy, before shopping for it. It's the old slogan "Informed shoppers are smart shoppers".

"THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS FOOLPROOF, BECAUSE FOOLS ARE SO DARNED INGENIOUS!" (unknown)
Message 5 of 42
latest reply

Do you mean they are selling branded item such as "Nike" without permission?

Message 6 of 42
latest reply

As a very infrequent user over the years, and not what most would call a very active contributor, I gotta say it seams you are on a crusade to shut stuff down. What's the real story?

Ebay doesn't shut down listings or sellers on hearsay. You are hoisting a flag here, but why? What are you trying to achieve?

If you can't use ebay anymore on moral principal, okay. That happens. Move on.

Message 7 of 42
latest reply

they do nothing when its reported. 

Message 8 of 42
latest reply

No I mean literally counterfeit. 

Message 9 of 42
latest reply

I am pointing out that eBay doesn't enforce their policy on anning counterfeit items/sellers even if reported. 

Message 10 of 42
latest reply

I am pointing out that eBay doesn't enforce their policy on banning counterfeit items/sellers even if reported. 

Message 11 of 42
latest reply

So?

Message 12 of 42
latest reply

And, respectfully, we are pointing out that it would be foolish of eBay to take down items as counterfeit based on the reporting of one person.

If they did, that would mean that I, if I were your competitor here, could report your items as counterfeit so that yours would be taken down, giving me a better chance of selling mine.  

Message 13 of 42
latest reply

@gussharp68,

"It is a text book case of counterfeit items that are 100% prohibited as per eBay's policy. eBay has done absolutely nothing to stop them. Nothing".

Again,  eBay cannot verify whether or not a listing is for a real or counterfeit item.  If you are really concerned about this, maybe you should try contacting the Mfrs. and let them know that counterfeit items using their brand name and logo, are being listed on ebay.  Suggest that they join ebay's Verified Rights Owner VeRO program which would allow them to get counterfeit listings pulled.

https://www.ebay.com/help/policies/listing-policies/selling-policies/intellectual-property-vero-prog...

"THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS FOOLPROOF, BECAUSE FOOLS ARE SO DARNED INGENIOUS!" (unknown)
Message 14 of 42
latest reply

@gussharp68,

One more thing.  If you want to avoid seeing counterfeit listings. On a search results page in the left column check the U.S. only box.  That way you can avoid some of the chinese counterfeiters of most everything.  Also check seller's feedback profile page to see if they are registered in China or have feedback about shipping from there.

Message 15 of 42
latest reply