cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

eBay feedback time limit of 60 days is too short and should be incresed to 90 days

This topic was brought up a few times before, but I feel like it is important enough to warrant more posts.

Basically, the problem is that the time limit to leave a feedback for a purchase is too short at 60 days. I'm based in Europe and make a fair ammount of purchases from China and I'm not exaggerating when I say that 3/4 of the parcers from there arrive to me after more than 60 days and the COVID-19 epidemic is contributing to that as well. That means I can't leave feedback for 3/4 of my orders.

eBay Help pages suggest that the buyers wait until they receive their packages before they leave feedback, which makes sense because you want the feedback to be accurate and fair. But since many packages nowdays need over 60 days to arrive, a lot of feedbacks never get left which hurts the sellers as well.

As far as I know eBay reduced the feedback time limit from 90 days to 60 days in the past, but I think it's time to reverse that. Any opinions?

Message 1 of 40
latest reply
39 REPLIES 39

Re: eBay feedback time limit of 60 days is too short and should be incresed to 90 days

My opinion is feedback should be left (if  I choose to leave it )  in the first 14 days after you receive the item   so for me 30 days being more then enough time for me to leave feedback. 

60 days is too long Why wait that long ?

Either I am going to leave it or i am not

Message 31 of 40
latest reply

Re: eBay feedback time limit of 60 days is too short and should be incresed to 90 days

This is an older post, but your 3 days to leave FB is in error.

The buyer has 60 days to leave FB after delivery.  

Message 32 of 40
latest reply

Agreed, or even better, set the feedback time limit to 14 days more than the longest shipping time stated on the item page. That way it will be fair for everyone. Everyone gets equal time to leave feedback after the latest given delivery date.

With the 60 day limit I will have to give negative feedback if the item is not received within 60 days, even if the shipping might take longer.

Message 33 of 40
latest reply

Maybe the mods will lock this year-old thread. The hash has been re-hashed beyond recognition.

Message 34 of 40
latest reply

Hi @wuros 

You are correct that eBay used to allow 90 days to leave feedback many years ago ... but it was reduced to 60 days at the request of sellers.    The longer feedback time gives buyers leverage to threaten sellers with bad feedback if they won't accept a return long after eBay's Money Back Guarantee expires on that transaction.

Message 35 of 40
latest reply

@house*of*paws wrote:

Hi @wuros 

You are correct that eBay used to allow 90 days to leave feedback many years ago ... but it was reduced to 60 days at the request of sellers.    The longer feedback time gives buyers leverage to threaten sellers with bad feedback if they won't accept a return long after eBay's Money Back Guarantee expires on that transaction.

I don't remember feedback of 90 days on eBay.  However, if we're talking about the old days, feedback use to be a two way street with sellers having the same right to leave it as buyers.  Since 2008 that has not been the case with feedback now being relegated to merely the subjective opinion of the buyer, as sellers are limited to leaving positive feedback or none at all.  Frankly, I'm not surprised that many sellers have opted for the latter.

"It is an intelligent man that is aware of his own ignorance."
Message 36 of 40
latest reply

Just give negative feedbakc when you didn`t recieve  an item l, the problem will solve itself!

Message 37 of 40
latest reply

If you don`t recieve item within 60 days , just give negative feedback , problem will solve itself.

Message 38 of 40
latest reply

You seem to believe that leaving FB will resolve the problem when a buyer has not received an item.

If an item isn't received within a few days of its last estimated delivery date, an item not received case has to be opened within 30 DAYS.  Leaving negative FB does NOTHING to resolve that problem.  

Message 39 of 40
latest reply

Hi everyone,

Due to the age of this thread, it has been closed to further replies. Please feel free to start a new thread HERE if you wish to continue to discuss this topic.

Thank you for understanding.

Message 40 of 40
latest reply