cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

eBay delivery services

Be aware that sellers are using this service for item under 3 oz. The cost is under $1.00 However they are still charging the buyer for the full USPS FIRST CLASS RATE about $4-$5.00 dollars

1oz is .57 cents.  Mailed in a regular plain envelope thru the USPS which is great.  However their over charging the buyers for postage. BUYER BE AWARE. 

Message 1 of 15
latest reply
14 REPLIES 14

eBay delivery services

The buyer pays what YOU set for shipping and handling.  eBay isn’t pocketing the difference between what you charged and the actual cost - you have kept the difference.

Message 2 of 15
latest reply

eBay delivery services

Should be Sellers Beware since this could lead to an Item Not Received claim, since there's no tracking or a negative Feedback.

Message 3 of 15
latest reply

eBay delivery services

I'm afraid that you're confusing First Class Letter Rates with First Class Parcel Rates.

"It is an intelligent man that is aware of his own ignorance."
Message 4 of 15
latest reply

eBay delivery services

@malt44 wrote:

Be aware that sellers are using this service for item under 3 oz. The cost is under $1.00 However they are still charging the buyer for the full USPS FIRST CLASS RATE about $4-$5.00 dollars

1oz is .57 cents.  Mailed in a regular plain envelope thru the USPS which is great.  However their over charging the buyers for postage. BUYER BE AWARE. 

Sellers use ebay to make money for themselves, they may not care what you feel is a fair amount to charge .

So when you don't like the cost, you simply move on & you won't pay the overcharge.

Message 5 of 15
latest reply

eBay delivery services

Some sellers charge exact postage and some do not. Shipping doesn't have to be actual postage. Sellers are allowed to add a handling cost to the shipping, thus it is called Shipping & Handling. If you think the shipping is too high don't buy.

Message 6 of 15
latest reply

eBay delivery services

Buyers are aware. If they feel shipping is too much they should move on. If they choose to buy it that's their choice too. There's no conspiracy.

Message 7 of 15
latest reply

eBay delivery services

I know the difference between these services. The point was that the seller posted First Class Mail of $5.00 but the then shipped the item by the New eBay delivery service rate First Class Package with a Plain regular envelope with a different tracking type number  for .57 cent. Search - eBay delivery service 3 oz and under on Google 

Message 8 of 15
latest reply

eBay delivery services

The seller posted one rate and then shipped the item for much less through the new eBay delivery service for items under 3 oz. 

Message 9 of 15
latest reply

eBay delivery services

The seller switched the shipping service   Used the new eBay delivery service for items under 3oz. I was not aware of this as his listing showed First Class  Mail at $5.00. But he shipped the item that weighed 1oz with this new service in a regular white envelope for .57 cent. I don’t mind paying for S & H. But be honest 

Message 10 of 15
latest reply

eBay delivery services

You are correct but I didn’t know that the seller was going to change the shipping services after I paid for the posted amount.  Search the new eBay delivery service for items under 3oz. - 1 oz ships for .57 cents. with tracking in a plain white envelope 

Message 11 of 15
latest reply

eBay delivery services

While it's not specifying that it's a package or not, First Class Mail is technically correct. If the item is something eligible like a trading card, post card, stamp or coin and it's under $20... put two and two together. It's probably an ebay standard envelope.

If the item is not eligible, then yes they are cheating the system.

Message 12 of 15
latest reply

eBay delivery services

You agreed to the shipping cost when you purchased, you can calll the rest handling.

I have been imported from Australia and this is my posting ID
Message 13 of 15
latest reply

eBay delivery services

bought something with eBay delivery service .Never knew about this service. Well, tracking said it was delivered ,But - Not to my house, a miss delivery . Not sure if that was USPS or another service. I will not be buying anything more using eBay service. 

Message 14 of 15
latest reply

eBay delivery services

Hi everyone,

Due to the age of this thread, it has been closed to further replies. Please feel free to start a new thread if you wish to continue to discuss this topic.

Thank you for understanding.

Message 15 of 15
latest reply