cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

contacting anybody at ebay

At ebay when buying and selling goes well there is no need to talk to anyone at ebay.  But when buying an item and the sale goes south there is no one to communicate with,  just a run-a-round with recorded messages.   (Let me get you to the correct place to answer your questions  -  what are you calling about, you can say, returns, selling ect ect).    This is the crap you get.  Never a real person that you can talk to..   I am tired of the run-a-round.  I have been with ebay as a seller and buyer for many many years.  I'm done........

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Re: contacting anybody at ebay

What problem do you need eBay to help you with?

If your buyer doesn't pay then on the 5th day cancel the transaction citing the buyer didn't pay and relist the item.

If you don't receive the item, like the feedback you left,  then you should file a not received case. Leaving feedback is the last thing you do, after getting your item or a refund.

I don't even know why the seller has 19 days delivery. I ordered from Sri Lanka and it took several months to get delivered.

Sri Lanka government recently reported due to the fuel crisis there only essential mail will get delivered. Hopefully it is temporary.

Also you're  buying from someone who is selling stuff like seeds to the US  and that is against US import laws. And some foods against the food policy.

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

I just had them call me back a few days ago, was pretty simple, and yes they did solve my problem.

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

Interesting. Sounds easy and makes good business sense. 

Yet I have same experience and followed that process and nobody responded. I can't figure out why people order from eBay. 

Maybe I'm just getting the sellers that can't read or ignorant on product.  I am picky I guess, I wanted particular perfume and 3 times from different sellers received Toilette Water after messaging before ordering to make sure the product was perfume. All 3 said yes and charged me.  The return process is so difficult and drawn out that I just had to take a hit. Unbelievable.

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

I think there are probably a lot of people that don't know the difference between toilette water, eau de parfum, and perfume.   Do the listings not show the actual packaging?

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

@rckenn,

" But when buying an item and the sale goes south there is no one to communicate with, just a run-a-round with recorded messages. (Let me get you to the correct place to answer your questions - what are you calling about, you can say, returns, selling ect ect). This is the crap you get. Never a real person that you can talk to". 

If you looked up "ebay customer service phone #" online, those numbers are not ebay's.  To reach ebay by phone you have to scroll to the bottom of an ebay page and click on the Contact us button just below the Help & Contact header.  Then you have to give them a bunch answers to get a call from ebay.

Most buying problems do not need to be handled by calling ebay. You file the correct dispute, Item Not Received (INR) or Item Not As Described (INAD)  and the automated Money Back Guarantee (MBG) system handles it. Reading the MBG's policies and terms before filing disputes helps.

I read the duplicate topic you posted on the Selling board, and saw this reply from you:

"Seller keeps changing the delivery date and is somewhere way over there. Tell me, where is that option? I ordered June 3rd. What are my options".

If you were opening the listing from your purchase history or from where it is saved in your watch list. The delivery dates shown will be if you bought the item today.  You have to open your Order details to see the original last estimated delivery date from the day you bought the item.

Since the default setting on the purchase history page is to show See Orders:  "Last 60 days" use the "V" down arrow to the right of that, to see all purchases from 2023. They should show up in descending order from your most recent purchase, by date.

If the Order details page shows the last estimated delivery date has passed, as long as it wasn't longer than 30 days ago, you can open an INR dispute by clicking on the More Actions button.  If the last estimated delivery date has not yet passed, you have to wait until one day after that date to file an INR dispute.  If it has been more than 30 days since the last estimated delivery date, you will have to file an INR claim through PayPal or your card provider. PP gives you 180 days from the date of purchase to file disputes. Card providers give from 90-to 180 days to file claims.

If by chance there was tracking with a Delivered scan, but you did not receive the item, and filed an INR dispute. As long as it was less than 30 days ago, tell us that. eBay's INR system is automated and will find against you.  You can appeal that decision within 30 days of being notified that the dispute was closed.  We can tell you what to do to win it. 

FYI,  Calling members on these boards names may get you sanctioned from using them.  It certainly does not make any of us want to help you.

"THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS FOOLPROOF, BECAUSE FOOLS ARE SO DARNED INGENIOUS!" (unknown)
Message 7 of 8
latest reply

How is the return process difficult and drawn out?

Message 8 of 8
latest reply