Buying
Discover tried-and-true techniques for better bidding and buying on eBay from fellow experienced members.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Resolved! Didn't receive item on time and no way to inform ebay

I purchased a purse from a seller back on July23rd. The (free) delivery estimate was for August 12 to October 3rd. I wanted to click the button that says 'I did not receive my item' but there is no such button on this particular purchase. Seller offe...

Is there any option besides PayPal to pay?

Like the title says.Done with paypal. Any rational person would know why. Does ebay allow any other ways to pay that sellers can use? Am I done with ebay as a result?Granted I don't buy a lot of stuff from ebay, but if sellers can't offer any other p...

Return closed

Hi,I opened a return on October 7th due to a seller not shipping the items that were listed and had to wait until the 14th of October (today) to get eBay involved but when i attempted to, it says the return is closed because the seller has opened a c...

User avatar by Explorer
  • 6 replies
  • 0 helpful

Seller blocked me and I don’t know why

I purchased several cards from a seller and paid right away. I received the items with no fuss and the seller left positive feedback for me as a “great buyer”. I tried to buy more cards from them and it says I’m blocked. I cannot message the seller o...

ebay is no longer reliable

eBay has experienced controversy, including cases of fraud, its policy requiring sellers to use PayPal, and concerns over forgeries and intellectual property violations in auction items.

User avatar by Not applicable
  • 13 replies
  • 1 helpful

Tax

Why is ebay charging me sales tax for hatching eggs? I bought the eggs on Ebay from Florida and live in Florida. Florida has an exemption from sales tax for eggs to be eaten and eggs for hatching and agriculture use. So with that said, these are fert...

unable to get "give feedback" screen

My "order delivered" email included a link "give feedback" but clicking only gives "thanks for your feedback" but I haven't given any feedback! EBay recognizes me and there are historic feedback items, but, there is no record of my recent order anywh...

User avatar by Enthusiast
  • 3 replies
  • 0 helpful

seller canceling a sale

i was frustrated to find that a seller can canceled an item, after i placed their minimum bid, and reposted the item for a higher price.

Offers

I added item to watch list that I am into. Today I am receiving offer from seller with wow 30% off. I clicked only to find out that seller raised shipping on this by 60%. Item probably fits envelope and can go first class is $16 shipping. What is the...

Yellow envelope

Hey all, trying to let Ebay know I got one of those yellow envelopes instead of my product I purchased. Anyone have any idea how to let them know. So difficult to get around in this site. The seller said sorry and didn't know how I got the two tiny f...

Bought Xbox one with Kinect. Missing Kinect

Everything arrived, but missing the Kinect. Emailed seller several times that the Kinect was not in the box . They only reply the item was shipped with shipping info. How do I get ebay involved about missing items to an order ? I only see info if I'm...

Most Marked as Helpful Authors