Buying
Discover tried-and-true techniques for better bidding and buying on eBay from fellow experienced members.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Accidental bad feedback?

Hi I’m quite new to this and have accidentally left a bad feed back and the woman has asked me to remove it but I don’t no how can anyone help? Thanks in advance xx

Resolved! seller gone but received item that eBay refunded

Back on April 30, I paid for a small item.The seller stated they were in the USA, butI guess they weren't.I received an immediate refund back in on May 8. Anyway, I received the item.It showed that it was mailed from the Philippines on May 8, and I r...

I was scammed - refund

HelloI've found seller on eBay that seemed legit, had high amount of positive feedback and was replying to my massages including everything I wanted to know in replies. I decided to buy a pair of shoes, he accepted to send package to Europe to my cou...

Parcel collection shop lost parcel and eBay will not refund me.

Looking for advice on what my next course of action should be... I purchased a pair of glasses and had them sent to a parcel collection spot. The seller sent them through Royal Mail and tracking shows that the item was signed for at the collection po...

Trouble with Canadian seller specifically tracking, is it different?

I ordered an expensive item off a Canadian seller on ebay Wed night. When it didn't ship yesterday I politely asked today when it might.The seller responded that it would go out today, fast forward to this evening it shows shipped with no tracking nu...

I found money on my paypal from ebay

I used to sell and buy iphones on my ebay. Lastly I listed my galaxy and never got anyone to buy it. I traveled for 8 months and signed in to my paypal. I have seen total of 241.28 in my account. I want send this money back to the owner of it but I c...

Looking at an individual seller's items - Can not change the sort function anymore?

Just started noticing- when I look at a sellers other items, I can not change the sort function (Newly Listed, Lowest price, etc), also can not change the items displayed per page, or the View. None of those buttons seem to work anymore. I really use...

"OFFERED PRICE & ACCEPTED OFFER" BUG ISSUE

IT'S HORRIBLE. I'VE HAD ISSUES FOR WEEKS, I'VE CALLED 4 TIMES NOW. IT'S ONLY BECAUSE I BID AND I'VE WON THE ITEMS. ALL OTHER PURCHASES WENT THROUGH FINE. BUT NOT THESE TWO.I CALL AND THOSE MORONS TELL ME TO CLEAR MY BROWSING HISTORY AND OTHER NONSENS...

Charging tax is killing my buying

My state says that used or 2nd hand goods do not need to be charged sales tax because it was already paid when it was new (in theory). eBay seems to want charge tax on used items even when I can walk into any pawn shop and get the same item tax free....

User avatar by Scout
  • 31 replies
  • 11 helpful

DEFRAUDED me

Defrauded by eBay seller, , who listed: "2017 New Therapy Massage Table Cervical & Lumbar Traction Professional Bed-C3" for $544. Same item advertised from $159-$350+ by other sellers—hers was highest. Free ship but eBay tacked on $55+ after the ...

User avatar by Adventurer
  • 7 replies
  • 0 helpful

Preorder Death Stranding Collectors Edition

I have some questions I was hoping to have answered. So I really want the Death Stranding collectors edition, and I found a listing https://www.ebay.com/itm/Death-Stranding-Collectors-Edition-PS4-CONFIRMED-PRE-ORDER-SOLD-OUT/202701312086which will pr...

Resolved! I just called customer support and was hung up on for my question, can I report the bad service?

Hello All, I called support to get help with bidding on an item and it was one of the worst support interactions I have experienced! Not only did the rep not offer any solutions or critical thinking skills, when I questioned who would be able to assi...

User avatar by Rising Star
  • 9 replies
  • 2 helpful

Resolved! Massive number of scams by sellers

What has happened to eBay? I've been away from the service for several years because I was out of the country. Now that I'm back, I'm trying to go back to my old routine of buying stuff off of eBay. But, there are a massive amount of scams by sellers...

User avatar by Rising Star
  • 12 replies
  • 2 helpful

I can not make a bid at the auction.

I can not make a bid at the auction, bought five years, but now I can not. How to fix it? Purchase without an auction is obtained. That's what I see -"You've reached a temporary buying limit.If you’re occasionally place limits on buying activity.• In...

Being taxed for shipping

I understand the tax on the item but for the second time this week I was taxed for shipping too. I purchase from other online retailers and they do not tax the shipping.Spoiler (Highlight to read)Spoiler (Highlight to read)

Most Marked as Helpful Authors