Buying
Discover tried-and-true techniques for better bidding and buying on eBay from fellow experienced members.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Resolved! Exactly Feedback Extortion

Buyer said a new item was used. I said I'm sorry I did not know, please set up a return request with ebay and I will address it right away. This is how I normally respond to these with more apologies and comforting words.Then I decide if I want to gi...

Item stalled in shipping

Hello everyone,I just recently made a $200 dollar purchase on eBay (Christmas Gift) and I paid on the 4th of December promptly,the shipping date said arrival date 6-12 ( the reason I purchased from seller)the seller refused to ship and I asked eBay t...

User avatar by Not applicable
  • 3 replies
  • 0 helpful

Removed feedback?

I've never used the Discussions portion of ebay. I've recently had an issue with a seller removing feedback that I left for them. Purchase was for a winter pool cover. Yes it was neutral and not Positive,"Not a quality cover" is exactly what I wrote ...

Seller in US..Shipper in China Scam

Well, it happened to me again...I fell victim to the "not really in the US" scam that Ebay is allowing to happen. Another seller who lives in the USA but is a front for his employer/ friend/relative in China. Item is listed as US Seller, says seller ...

Resolved! Best offer accepted, manual invoice higher

Hi, This is my first time posting to eBay communities so please forgive me if this is the wrong place. I have a question, or more of a scenario. As a buyer, the listing stated original price $20 plus free shipping. There was a best offer option so I ...

As a buyer, do I get hurt in any way if a seller wrongly claims I requested cancellation?

I recently won a huge pile of stuff all as one lot with free shipping. I figured the seller was in for a surprise when trying to ship. He was. I won the lot for less than $80 and a day later, he said it would cost $300 to ship, and asked to cancel, a...

Item removed from ebay

Does anyone know what it means? I purchased something and got an email with a tracking number but when I tried to check it the item has been removed by eBay. Now can’t contact seller or track my item.

Be Careful With Fake Auctions Here

A while back eBay allowed a fake auction to be posted for a planer that sold for several hundred dollars retail, but was lower priced here. Several were supposed to be available and over 50 bought one in the few days the auction was running before I ...

In Search Of

Hey all,I'm looking for an old waffle iron made by Sunbeam that was only available in the UK and Australia. If you know how I can get my hands on one I would greatly appreciate it! Thanks in advance!

Resolved! What defines excellent condition

Having problems with a seller about a return. Item was described "excellent condition used less than a week". It wasn't. What should I except when an item is listed as excellent condition I've been buying more than selling for over 10 years. I always...

More transparency on sellers of grey market items

I recently bought a camera lens from a dealer here who had many sales and seemed legit. Not knowing this area very well I presumed it was an authorized dealer. It turns out that the company is using a different name here than its real one and it is a...

User avatar by Adventurer
  • 2 replies
  • 0 helpful

Watch

I have recently ordered a women's watch that was suppose to be for a woman. Upon receiving watch, found watch band was too small, contacted seller who declined return. If you come across the company that doesn't return should be removed from E bay, P...

Writing as a buyer. Sick to death of pages and pages of Chinese sellers who have 1000's of feedback

Certain items that one looks for have endless lists of Chinese sellers with thousands of feedback ratings and figures like 98, 97 % but when you look at their negatives, they have 500 plus and comments that include "junk" , 'fraud' 'does not respond ...

Computers uploaded with pirated software

I've noticed a continuing trend with computers uploaded with pirated games and software being sold on ebay. I report every listing I find that has the very obvious signs of piracy. Here's a few of the listings I've reported. 323828254724 223723916291...

Most Marked as Helpful Authors