cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

More transparency on sellers of grey market items

I recently bought a camera lens from a dealer here who had many sales and seemed legit. Not knowing this area very well I presumed it was an authorized dealer. It turns out that the company is using a different name here than its real one and it is a notoriously bad outfit. In the listing they claimed to have two of the items in stock and that it would be shipped from the West Coast. I bought the item Dec. 3 and still have not received it. On Dec. 7 they printed a USPS label but still nothing has been picked up. When I asked they said there were holiday delays but USPS says they never received the item and there are no such delays on record. Any inquiry is met with feeble excuses and lies. It since turns out that this is a disreputable Hong Kong scam operation that sells grey market products so you don't get the manufacturer warranty. Other sites are filled with complaints about the worthless year warranty they offer. I think there should be more upfront information about such scams. Of course eBay has a conflict of interest because this company has sold roughly 2,000 high ticket items. 

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

When you receive the item, if it is not as described, you can open a Not As Described return case on eBay and you'll be covered under eBay's money back guarantee.  

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

You are not likely to get a warranty on any eBay purchase.

As buying grey market items oh, that's a risk you take when buying from any place other than the direct manufacturer.
Message 3 of 3
latest reply