Buying
Discover tried-and-true techniques for better bidding and buying on eBay from fellow experienced members.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Has ebay banned the sale of seeds? I am unable to checkout from a seller I buy from.

Has ebay banned the sale of seeds recently? There was a seller I purchased from maybe 2 weeks ago that now I can't purchase anything. I get the following error message " Sorry, we can't complete your checkout at this time. Please try changing your it...

Why was I charged sales tax when I live in a state that doesn't have sales tax?

Hello. Just had a question about a purchase I made and was charged sales tax. It wasn't much and I'm not broke because of it...just curious. I bought item 124114157036, I live in Montana (we don't have a sales tax) and have not been charged sales tax...

Ebay refuses to listen

Ebay will not listen when seller sent wrong product. Admits to not having correct product.Being bed bound and not having means to print label I asked seller to please send me pickup ticket..they refuse to pick up their product.ebay has blocked me fro...

Sorry, we can't process your payment. Here are your options: This keeps happening

Every time I try to checkout ebay will tell me Sorry, we can't process your payment. Here are your options:Use a different credit or debit card.Pay with a PayPal account. -------I just payed my bills online so my card works and is activated. I also c...

Received misadvertised item, complained, no response after 30 days, left neutral. Seller threatening

I am having a problem with a verbally abusive seller. Here's the background info:I bought a toy gun as a gift. It was, and still is, listed as having "too many light and sound combinations to list" yet when I finally received it, it only has one func...

Resolved! Possible Scam

Hi everyone, I went against my own rule and purchased an item from a zero feedback seller. He claims that he will not ship until he get cleared payment. paypal has already deducted the amount from my account(has been 4 business days now)He then asked...

Wondering if I got scammed?

I bought an irrigation timer from a top-rated seller with a feedback score over 3,500. I purchased on April 25, but the item wasn't marked shipped until I sent them a message last night asking what the deal was. They quickly replied with a UPS tracki...

Auction ended earlier than stated

Had my eye on an item I wanted in an auction style listing, which said it was ending today at 4:45 p.m....I came around to check on it at 3:00 p.m., and it had ended! At 1:39! WHAT???? Can someone please explain this one to me? Thanks! -Dippity

Need some advice

I need advice on a phone I bought off eBay. It was classed as brand new but I have spoke to Sony support and gave them my IMEI number and they have told me it isn't brand new and modified as I am unable to upgrade my android to 8.0 it's stuck on 7 wh...

Shipping Location Listed As "Multible" United States

Other than the suspected misspelling of the word "multiple", I guess I should expect this TV to come from one of many cities in the US. This will be the first time I have made a purchase this expensive and want to get my ducks in a row, so should I b...

Cancelling an order for an item purchased today

Hi there, Today I stupidly purchased a "buy it now" Macbook Pro that was around half of what it is worth, thinking I had got a bargain(yeah more fool me!). I paid via paypal straight away. It's become very clear now this is a too good to be true scen...

Seller refund

I ordered a product yesterday. Today the seller refunded me and put the reason that I asked them to. Which I have not I was looking forward to getting this. Why would they lie and say I asked?

REQUEST TOTAL in Shopping Cart broken! Workaround: seller issue shipping refund. Ebay keeps the tax!

So there's a seller in Russia with whom I 've done business many times. I want to order three of his Russian market plastic truck kits. He happily and regularly combines shipping. Because the items are bulky it's hard for him to set up the complete r...

Seller has not accepted payment on PayPal. Item received but does not match description

Hi, I recently purchased an item advertised as new and paid immediately. The item has been delivered yet I noticed it's used. I want to open a return case with the seller, but on ebay it shows the payment has not been received. I checked my PayPal it...

User avatar by Adventurer
  • 16 replies
  • 0 helpful

Items sit in limbo for indefinite time.....then magically appear once case filed?

Hello,This is related to the USPS only.Occasionally an item I order on ebay seems to get stuck in transit. More than a few times I've had an item get to a certain point, then stop moving...for days and weeks. It seems that as long as I wait, the item...

Most Marked as Helpful Authors