cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

auto pay

Is there a way to keep ebay from autopaying auctions I won?  It makes it hard to combine shipping,

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

auto pay

Only the seller can turn auto-pay off.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 2 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

auto pay

Only the seller can turn auto-pay off.

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

auto pay

If you already paid for them, ask the seller if they could combine your wins to save on postage.

If you are going to bid in the future, you may ask a particular seller whether they could turn the autopay off, explaining the reason.

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

auto pay

In a word, no.  As the others have stated, only the seller can shut down the autopay, and barring an arrangement with the individual seller, combined shipping is a thing of the past.  Just another example of  scorched earth ebay policy.

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

auto pay

Ebay turned Auto pay on & ebay can shut it down. Would make good business sense to shut it off

Sellers & buyers didn't turn autopay on

The good news is Ebay will permit a seller to turn autopay off

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

auto pay

Ebay strikes again !

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

auto pay

Bad rollout of a bad feature. Most sellers don't seem to be aware of the change and its impact.

I asked a seller I have bought from in the past if he would combine shipping on multiple auction wins and refund the excess shipping now that auto-pay is required. He responded that I should just bid and wait to pay as usual. I told him it's no longer possible, and he would need to change his seller preferences. He was skeptical and suggested I'm doing something wrong as a buyer. This is a seller who uses auctions exclusively with good stuff at low starting bids. He gets a lot of buyers of multiple items. His listing language still says that he will combine shipping on multiple auctions wins within the same week. Impossible, but I guess he's going to have to hear it from more than one person.

Bottom line: You can try to educate sellers, but they have to want to jump through eBay's hoops.

Message 7 of 7
latest reply