cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wrong phone case

I have texted ebay many many times I got sent the wrong phone case and eBay don't care I ordered a waterproof case for my Samsung A23 and all they sent was a junk back cover that didn't even fit my phone they got me good and got my money and gave me junk  and now they say they can't find a record on it the item number of what they sent is that is my proof and I sent a picture of it also this is just some peace if junk cheap back cover no front cover with it they got my money and told me to go to hell I am 63 years old and in a wheelchair and my phone is my only way to call for help if I fall and I wanted to protect my phone but eBay sent me just anything they wanted to send I have never been done like this before with any company plus I never got a knife I ordered and they just say oh well I don't get much money each month and they just took my money and smiled and said ah got you eBay don't care about nothing but money once they get your money they do as they please they will never get me again and I am going to the better business office and report this it hurts to be done this way by some big company that don't really care about the person my email is   and I can send pictures to prove I don't lie or trying to pull some game I just wanted a waterproof case for my Samsung A23 to protect it I drop things all the time and my phone is my only link to the outside world for help I live alone with no one to help me if I fall but eBay don't care about that eBay has shown me how much they really care I have reported it to eBay 4 times with no help just passed around from place to place but that is the item number of the junk back cover I got now I am stuck with something I can't even use so trash can it will go just like eBay put me in the trash 

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Wrong phone case

eBay's Money Back Guarantee for buyers works very well if/when a transaction goes wrong.

And the beauty of it is that you don't have to "notify" anyone of anything.

The catch is that you have to read it, understand it and use it appropriately and in a timely manner.

Capsule version:  Received an item that's not as described.  Find the item in your Purchase History and open an item not as described case.

Did not receive an item within 30 days of the last estimated delivery date? Find item in your Purchase History and open an item not received case.

Still need help?  Feel free to return here and give further details or ask questions.

eBay DOES offer help and protection.  You just have to use it appropriately.

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

Wrong phone case

@noear-24,

"but eBay sent me just anything they wanted to send I have never been done like this before with any company plus I never got a knife I ordered and they just say oh well I don't get much money each month and they just took my money and smiled and said ah got you eBay don't care about nothing but money once they get your money they do as they please".

You seem to be under the impression, that you bought items FROM ebay.  You did not, you bought items from individual sellers who pay to list items on ebay.  Unfortunately, not all of them are reliable, but with millions of new listings posted daily on the site, ebay cannot possibly vet them all.

On almost every listing on ebay, near the upper right corner, there is a box with a link to the Money Back Guarantee policy.

mudshark61369_0-1692102917580.png

If you click on the Learn more button, you will first be directed to a general information page that has links to the policy specifics.  Read the terms of the policy.

"now they say they can't find a record on it the item number of what they sent 

How did you contact ebay?  If you looked up a phone number online, those are not real ebay customer service numbers.  If you contacted the seller and gave them the Order number That looks like 93-16354-28056, that is not the number they need. An ebay item number is 12 digits long with no hyphens. 

Then, if it has been less than 30 days since you received the half case, you can file an item not as described dispute by clicking on the More actions button on your purchase history page. Select Return this item, and choose the item doesn't match the description as the reason for the return.

As for the knife you did not receive, if you go to your purchase history and open the Order details, you will see the last estimated delivery date the order was supposed to arrive. If it has been less than 30 days since that date Use the More actions button and check I did not receive the item.

In both cases the sellers will have 3 days to reply by sending a return label/refund, or proof of shipping. If neither replies within 3 days, on day 4 use the ask ebay to step in button.  If either seller asks if you want a replacement item, refuse that offer.  If either tells you to close the case, so they can refund you,  do not do that, ask ebay to step in.

"THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS FOOLPROOF, BECAUSE FOOLS ARE SO DARNED INGENIOUS!" (unknown)
Message 3 of 3
latest reply