cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wooden lap desk

I am looking for a lap desk. I purchased one and it broke. Want replacement, but not a usual kind. Exactly the same or similar. Originally purchased from a mail order catalog back in the early 10’s, from a popular catalog. Unable to find said catalog. It was large considering it was a travel lap desk, I should have stored it in the trunk of my car. Not the backseat, hence, how it broke. Plus it was cheaply made with cheap materials. The top had a painted spring theme, but doesn’t have to. I would prefer it ‘wood looking’. Inside had compartments. One in the middle that can hold paper. Maybe 6, 3 on each side, maybe less compartments. One for pens/pencils. Another for paper clips. Another for erasers, office supplies. If there is some one who has one be willing to sell it. Or anyone willing to help locate one or even make one. Just respond to this post. Thank you to everyone who reads this, I realize how futile this may be. 9184jodyp.

Message 1 of 11
latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

Wooden lap desk

You need to search on ebay - you can't post on here for sale or wanted items.  You're on a community help forum. 

Message 2 of 11
latest reply

Wooden lap desk

For what it's worth, I punched "Wooden Lap Desk" into the Search bar and found 464 items. Peruse those!

Message 3 of 11
latest reply

Wooden lap desk

I did not know that. It states “anything about buying” I assumed it meant anything. Even if was about a catalog from the past. It has been twenty years or so. Sorry to offend anyone.

Message 4 of 11
latest reply

Wooden lap desk

I did that. Many times. I would not have posted the question if I found it on eBay.

Message 5 of 11
latest reply

Wooden lap desk

Try searching "Lapgear" and see if that helps.

KrazzyKats
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 6 of 11
latest reply

Wooden lap desk

@9184jodyp 

Try looking at some of these. Maybe one of these is like your old one. I excluded "antique" to hopefully not include valuable but fragile ones that would not be very usable. By including "vintage", it excludes most of the ones that are intended for laptops or tablets.

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_nkw=wooden+lap+desk+-antique+vintage&_sacat=0&_dmd=2&rt=n...

lacemaker3_0-1708888259080.png

Message 7 of 11
latest reply

Wooden lap desk

@9184jodyp wrote:

I did that. Many times. I would not have posted the question if I found it on eBay.

You need to set up a saved search. Search for the item using the search box or Advanced Search. When you get the results list, click the heart icon at the top to save the search and get e-mails when new items are listed. It might help to use a few different search strings and save each of them. 

Message 8 of 11
latest reply

Wooden lap desk

Think about weight when purchasing one. 

Even my lightweight laptop starts to bother my thighs/back if I keep it on my lap too long without something soft underneath.  5lb laptop sitting on top of my lap for hours, and I ache. 

KrazzyKats
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 9 of 11
latest reply

Wooden lap desk

@9184jodyp 

I don't think anyone was offended, it's just ebay policy that the boards are not to be used as a marketplace.

Message 10 of 11
latest reply

Wooden lap desk

Thank you for your post.  I may need one in the future too. Always wondered what they called those things.  There are a lot of these wooden lap desks online.  Also, if you are looking for a particular brand / model / style, you may want to check out the Completed Items listings to get an idea of what has sold here and check pricing.

Message 11 of 11
latest reply