cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Won auction, paid for item, seller no contact

Hi, so I bid on an item that was listed as "private auction" and "no returns accepted" . A day before the auction I sent a PM to the seller asking about the item, but no response. It was too tempting so I ignored the fact, so I bid and won, and paid within 24 hours.

Four days later I'm getting concerned, because there is no sign of dispatch, I contacted seller again to no avail. I know that if there's no shipping I will get my money back, but it's really depressing because I thought I found a really good deal. The order was from Germany and seller has positive ratings both as buyer and as seller. However there is one neutral rating of 'no delivery' and that is the only rating in english (all the positive ones are german). I'm not located in Germany, nor the 2 other countries that seller listed as excluded countries.

Any of you veterans have a clue what might have happened? Should I not jump to conclusions yet?

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Re: Won auction, paid for item, seller no contact

There's no way to know what happened. It's entirely possible that the package has been mailed but the tracking isn't showing up yet. I have no knowledge of the German postal system, but I do know that with some other countries it doesn't show up until the package has arrived in the US and entered the USPS system. As for contacting the seller, there may be a language issue.

In any event, four days is way too soon to be worrying about an international purchase. If it hasn't arrived by the day after the last estimated delivery date open a 'not received' case. There's no other action you can take before then.

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

Sorry I forgot to add that I'm just 2 countries away from Germany, located in Europe. Also the first question I sent was translated via Google translator to german. I will wait for last estimated delivery then.

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

There was an estimated delivery date in the listing where you made your purchase.

There is nothing you can do until that date has passed by at least one day, at which point you can utilize the item not received clause in the MBG to get a refund.

There is no eBay requirement that a seller reply to messages from buyers.

Have you read the MBG? 

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

"There is no eBay requirement that a seller reply to messages from buyers."

I didn't know this. All my previous purchases have either included a notification of dispatch, or the very least a polite response when days have passed by without any advancement. This is the first time this happened to me and raised some doubt.

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

When purchasing on line you require patience.

The End.

I have been imported from Australia and this is my posting ID
Message 6 of 6
latest reply