cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why do I receive a lot of "The seller has offered you a special discount" messages?

Not a complaint, just merely curious.  Lately, I receive a lot of these "The seller has offered you a special discount" messages, from items that are in my watch list are mostly BIN sales.  Often enough, I go ahead and buy the item because it's on sale.  Now, these items are in my watch list because I'm interested, but haven't decided to pull the trigger and buy them just yet.  Now, I do realize that's the whole purpose of offering the special discount to encourage to go ahead and buy the item.

So I'm merely wondering if there's anything in my profile that indicates to sellers that this particular buyer often accepts special discounts, or is this something that pretty much offered to every buyer who is watching the item?   

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Re: Why do I receive a lot of "The seller has offered you a special discount" messages?

I get those offers all the time because eBay messages the seller to let them know when someone has put their item on  their watch list. 

As a seller eBay states that they will send an offer to those watchers if the seller will discount by at least another 5%.  The seller does not know who the buyers are.   I haven't done it but once because I have priced my items so low already. 

As a buyer I have purchased some of those special offers.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 3 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Re: Why do I receive a lot of "The seller has offered you a special discount" messages?

@nightwolf001 wrote:

Often enough, I go ahead and buy the item because it's on sale.  Now, these items are in my watch list because I'm interested, but haven't decided to pull the trigger   

Something new Ebay come up with where the seller can send an offer to people that are watching an item.

Buyer can decide if they want to get these offers or not.

Have a great day
Message 2 of 3
latest reply

I get those offers all the time because eBay messages the seller to let them know when someone has put their item on  their watch list. 

As a seller eBay states that they will send an offer to those watchers if the seller will discount by at least another 5%.  The seller does not know who the buyers are.   I haven't done it but once because I have priced my items so low already. 

As a buyer I have purchased some of those special offers.

Message 3 of 3
latest reply