cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why did I receive "request total" email as a buyer

I recently requested a total for combined shipping from a seller. However for some reason eBay sent me a message/email from myself that even has a button to create an invoice. It reads like this:

"Invoice Request

Dear (Sellers Name)

I have purchased the following from you on eBay. Please send me an invoice with the total amount that I owe you.

Thank You,

(My name)"

* Create Invoice Button *

I don't think this is a copy of the message sent to the seller because it has that create Invoice Button. I think the system glitched and thinks I'm actually the seller 😬

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Re: Why did I receive "request total" email as a buyer

Anonymous
Not applicable

Correct, this is what sellers receive when you send them a total request for combined shipping.

It was sent to you in error. Contact the seller and ask them if they received your total request, or just send it to them again. The one you sent probably got bounced back to you.

The "create invoice button" is where the seller would modify the invoice to combine the shipping.

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

@redeyedjedii,

That's normal. You just received a copy, an exact copy, of the email that you sent to the seller. 

I just checked my emails, because I requested a total from a seller a few weeks ago. I also received an exact copy of the request message in my email. The seller got their copy as well.

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

@redeyedjedii,

As the others wrote, that is a copy of the message you sent, that the seller received.  However, unless the seller stated somewhere in their listing that they would combine shipping for multiple purchases do not expect them to. Sellers are not required to combine shipping costs. If the item and/or seller was located in China/Asia they often do not combine shipping even if they send multiple items in one box.

"THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS FOOLPROOF, BECAUSE FOOLS ARE SO DARNED INGENIOUS!" (unknown)
Message 4 of 5
latest reply

Ok that makes sense. I just was thinking that ebay usually mentions it somewhere on the email if it's a copy but maybe I'm wrong about that. 

But yeah their listings do mention that they can do combined shipping. 👍

Message 5 of 5
latest reply