cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why did Ebay remove a negative feedback that I left on a seller selling fake Clarisonic's?

So I bought a Clarisonic Mia 2 from this ebay seller selling them in listings of 20 and I've seen he's sold quite a few of these and bought one.  Well when I got it I knew instantly it was fake.  The spelling on the box was all wrong and the spacing in words was all inconsistent as well.  So I returned the unit as not genuine. 

I left a negative feedback to warn others that they were fake and to check the boxes carefully for spelling mistakes.  I guess the seller wasn't too happy with that and called Ebay and somehow got it removed.  So that's how this guy has managed to retain a 100% feedback while selling hundreds of Clarisonic Mia 2's.

I wrote the feedback exactly like this "These units are FAKE.  Check your boxes carefully for spelling and spacing errors."

I even left a product review with pictures taken of the box with incorrect spelling and spacing to prove it was a fake, that review wasn't posted either.  Why is Ebay protecting these sellers selling fakes?

Message 1 of 13
latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

Re: Why did Ebay remove a negative feedback that I left on a seller selling fake Clarisonic's?

@cuik54 First—I only mention this because I saw it when so I looked to see if the feedback had indeed beeek removed-you received a false positive feedback from a seller and you ought to contact customer service to get it removed. That seller violated the feedback policy

that said-did you open a case against the Clarisonic seller and lose? Did you mention feedback in your communication with the seller? If the answers are NO.....then your seller called and got the right rep on the phone and they wrongfully removed the feedback. And it can’t be reinstated 

One life is all we have to live
Love is all we have to give

**Formerly known as MissJen316**
Message 2 of 13
latest reply

Re: Why did Ebay remove a negative feedback that I left on a seller selling fake Clarisonic's?

The seller messaged me about the feedback, I made no mention of it.  I just left the feedback and he contacted me.  The last contact I had with him was last week to show him pics of why it was a counterfeit.  This is complete **bleep**.

I did a return on the items as not genuine and that has concluded since I shipped it back and it's been delivered back to him and I got my refund.

I just wanted to leave the feedback to warn others that he was selling fakes.  Looking at his feedback and the multiple listings of probably over 100 he sold and not one negative about it being fake, I was afraid people were actually buying these fakes and believing them to be real.  At least if the feedback was there, people would be more vigilant perhaps and not get cheated.

I'm not even gonna bother with the other false positive seller, that person's not even worth my time.

Message 3 of 13
latest reply

the other false positive seller, that person's not even worth my time.

It's your reputation that is at stake when a false positive is left.

The FB will persuade potential buyers to pass you by-- the same reason you wanted to leave a neg for your seller.

Message 4 of 13
latest reply

@cuik54,

Have you thought about contacting the company, and letting them know there are ebay sellers selling counterfeit items?  You can also tell them, that ebay has a Verified Rights Owner (VeRO) program that can get rid of those listings.  Who knows maybe they'll send you a free unit for your trouble.

"THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS FOOLPROOF, BECAUSE FOOLS ARE SO DARNED INGENIOUS!" (unknown)
Message 5 of 13
latest reply

I can't say for the feedback but as for a review your leaving one regarding the item being fake would be inappropriate.  The review doesn't just show on that sellers listings.  The reviews transfer to other peoples listings.  So any comment about the item being fake or problem with just YOUR particular transaction in a review would show up on other sellers listings with reviews on the product.  A buyer who doesn't understand that reviews do that might then avoid other sellers who that review shows up on.  A review of the product should ONLY be about how you like the actual product.

“Birth certificates show that you were born. Death certificates show that you died. Photographs show that you have lived.” -Unknown
Message 6 of 13
latest reply

But the actual product was fake.
Message 7 of 13
latest reply

@lunalapin1912 wrote:

And we know that to be a fact, how?

"It is an intelligent man that is aware of his own ignorance."
Message 8 of 13
latest reply

@lunalapin1912 wrote:

You still aren't understanding.   The reviews are for product reviews of the actual product.  You didn't get the actual product, you have nothing to write a review on.  The fact you got a fake product is about the transaction NOT about the actual product.  

Again the reviews show up on any listing with any seller of that product thus items that aren't fake would get your review of fake showing up on them as well which doesn't apply to the actual product.  It could also hurt sellers who are selling legit product because a fake product review shows up on their listings and buyers who don't understand it transfers to all listings might would see it and not buy.  It also does no good to write a review for fake because it's not going to show which seller you bought from in that review.  It's just going to show on all reviews of that product.  Is it making sense yet?     

“Birth certificates show that you were born. Death certificates show that you died. Photographs show that you have lived.” -Unknown
Message 9 of 13
latest reply

I've seen plenty others do the same exact thing and it wasn't deleted.  I see about 7 other people with a product review on it saying it's fake and counterfeit AND I see people leaving negative feedback saying it's counterfeit.  Those were fine.

Go buy one if you need to confirm it's fake. You won't even need to open the actual product says right on the box in the before and after image, instead of before and after it says "before" and "offer".  Right on the box.  Totally legit and makes perfect sense right?  Not to mention the brand logo being askew on the actual item and various other spelling mistakes.

Sellers been selling this exact item in quantities of 20-30 per listing and looking at history he's been selling them for months.

Message 10 of 13
latest reply

That is incorrect.  I see at least 7 product reviews on the same item saying it's fake.  I also see plenty people leaving multiple negative feedback on sellers saying counterfeit and fake and those weren't deleted.

Message 11 of 13
latest reply

@cuik54 wrote:

That is incorrect.  I see at least 7 product reviews on the same item saying it's fake.  I also see plenty people leaving multiple negative feedback on sellers saying counterfeit and fake and those weren't deleted.

You still don't seem to be understanding.  I don't know why the feedback was removed.   I'm strictly speaking about the product review.  If other product reviews say fake they need to be removed as well.  Although when I originally looked I didn't see any reviews for fake.   I did see a 1 star review but never a commentary on that review.   A bad product review about "fake" would end up on OTHER sellers listings who sell this product.  So even the products that are authentic will show up with the fake product review.  Further when you leave that review it doesn't tell any potential buyer which seller it was bought from it's just a general about all of this product review.    So leaving a product review saying fake doesn't help other buyers know which seller sold a fake product and it potentially hurts sellers selling the authentic product.  The product review is strictly about how you like the actual product such as if you had received the right authentic item and didn't like how it worked.  

Essentially it would be like going to any site that allows reviews for this item and leaving a review on how you like it.  If you put a review of fake for this product on a site strictly for reviewing it wouldn't make sense.    If leaving the product review wouldn't make sense on any site that allows product reviews it's not a product review but about your Particular transaction and shouldn't be left as a product review that will show up on other sellers listings As well. 

Message 12 of 13
latest reply

Call the manufacturer of the legit product and give them the name/address of the company selling fake knock-offs of their products. They will dispatch lawyers to inform the company selling the fake products to stop doing so or be sued. I don't this with SanDisk when a company in China sold me fake memory cards. Got my money back and SanDisk got their lawyers after the scammers.

Message 13 of 13
latest reply