cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why are buyers allowed get 48 hours to review a counter offer?

between cell phones, ipads and laptops, a buy and seller should be able to respond to offers within an hour.

Message 1 of 14
latest reply
13 REPLIES 13

OMGOSH!  This is getting as bad as Feedback posts. Smiley Frustrated

Start here for the reasons: http://community.ebay.com/t5/Bidding-Buying/Best-Offer/m-p/25059530#U25059530

It's still on page one of this board. 

~Pika~
People in life that are the happiest don't have the most,, they make the most of what they have...

Message 2 of 14
latest reply

Why on earth would that matter, when someone else can still buy it or make an offer, and the seller can make other counter-offers

I had no idea ebay was this hard.
Message 3 of 14
latest reply

What makes you think people are sitting in front of their screens with itchy buying fingers?

Even if they are, they may be comparing several offers.

Forget keeping up with the Joneses. Be the Finklegrubers!
OK kids, time to get the Dodge loaded up again. I hear 'Poppy's By the Tree' calling. This trip might be a long one too.
Message 4 of 14
latest reply

@refrigeratorraider2 wrote:

ALL THE BUYER HAS TO DO IS OPEN A "ITEM NOT AS DESCRIBED" CASE.  The case will ALWAYS side in favor of the BUYER.  When asked to return the item, send only an empty box (or whatever trash you can find lying around).  Once the return is received by the seller, Ebay will issue the refund, and the seller can do NOTHING to appeal the decision.

It's called "FRAUD", but Ebay policies will protect the buyer NO MATTER WHAT, and as long as you keep the dollar amount down, there will not be any further investigation in the matter.  I've had it happen to me as a seller more times than I can count!

?????  Huh? Wrong thread? 

~Pika~
People in life that are the happiest don't have the most,, they make the most of what they have...

Message 5 of 14
latest reply

@deechgolfer61 wrote:

between cell phones, ipads and laptops, a buy and seller should be able to respond to offers within an hour.

How absolutely ridiculous.

If you don't like the 48 hour rule - don't make any offers.  Or, don't offer them if you're a seller.

I saw that...

~KARMA
Message 6 of 14
latest reply

Are you serious?  I don't do EBay on a cell phone or ipad, so that leaves me with a computer.  You really think I'm spending 24 hours a day 7 days a week sitting in front of the computer?  Get real, 48 hours is a good time limit.  

Message 7 of 14
latest reply

@deechgolfer61 wrote:

I have a flip phone, no tablet or pad, and I do not take my laptop further than my deck. So what make you think, I am available on 60 minutes notice, 24/7 as either a buyer or seller?  

I both buy and sell on ebay and have for years, and feel ebay's 48 hour time frame to respond to offers and counter offers is more than fair to both parties.

"THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS FOOLPROOF, BECAUSE FOOLS ARE SO DARNED INGENIOUS!" (unknown)
Message 8 of 14
latest reply

I'm at work several hours a day   I'm not allowed to be on my phone while at work.  Unless it's an emergency ...eBay offers don't fall under that. 

“Birth certificates show that you were born. Death certificates show that you died. Photographs show that you have lived.” -Unknown
Message 9 of 14
latest reply

deechgolfer61 wrote:

Guess that lets me out.  My cell phone is an old flip-phone that I finally agreed to carry so the kids wouldn't worry, and which I didn't want and still don't talk on.  It's just left in the purse and I try to remember to check its battery occasionally. 

I have NO ipad or laptop or any related portable devices and don't want any.  And any buyer/seller who thinks he deserves instant attention, likely also believes he has the right to control his seller/buyer in other overstepping areas of a transaction here.  No thanks!

This is still just... eBay.  Instant gratification in prompt responses isn't necessary, required, or necessarily even encouraged.  Get a grip.

Message 10 of 14
latest reply

Re: Why are buyers allowed get 48 hours to review a counter offer?

For the same reason a seller is allowed 48 hours to review an offer.......

Not everyone lives online. I have a desktop, tablet, three laptops and two netbooks and yet if it weren't for Ebay I could go days without going online for anything (except maybe to Google something--beats the heck out of getting in the car and going 20  miles to the library lol). I certainly don't take the internet with me everywhere I go. Not everyone wants or desires to "be connected" 24/7/365. Some of us have actual real lives to lead.

I love you forever, Christie! Fly high, precious daughter 1/14/1987-12/20/2016
Message 11 of 14
latest reply

I agree, Ebay should give buyers the flexibility of timing out their own offer. 48 hours is a lifetime in this fast world. i find it utterly stupid. I have retracted bids within 6 hours coz i cant wait for a sloth seller to respond . I move on to sending similar offer to a different seller. I have been trying to find a link where i could send this feedback to Ebay. they need to allow buyers to put an expiry to the offer or make it more reasonable like 12-24 hours max. this 48 hours policy is stupid to say the least
Message 12 of 14
latest reply

@anky009 wrote:
I agree, Ebay should give buyers the flexibility of timing out their own offer. 48 hours is a lifetime in this fast world. i find it utterly stupid. I have retracted bids within 6 hours coz i cant wait for a sloth seller to respond . I move on to sending similar offer to a different seller. I have been trying to find a link where i could send this feedback to Ebay. they need to allow buyers to put an expiry to the offer or make it more reasonable like 12-24 hours max. this 48 hours policy is stupid to say the least

Great job, pulling up a 2-year-old thread that was written by a SELLER, not a BUYER. Totally different situation. Sending a counter-offer to a buyer does not restrict the sale of the item to someone else in any way.

Message 13 of 14
latest reply

Hello Everyone,

Due to the age of the thread, it has been closed to further replies.  Please feel free to start a new thread if you wish to continue to discuss this topic.

Thanks for understanding!

Message 14 of 14
latest reply