cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When to file INR?

Here's the situation

Buyer ships on his own volition and without my knowledge a semi expensive item(around 80 bucks, 100 with shipping) untracked. We both live in europe so items don't spent time in customs and arrive in a couple of days, a week max 9/10 of times. Local postal service though is shady and known for "misplacing",  losing or delaying forever stuff, especially untracked ones. 

Two and a half weeks have passed since the last estimated day of arrival, it's odd but as said not unheard of, I had items like that arrived like 40 days later(Again, within EU, not from china/HK) but they were all of very little value so I just didn't bother in any case.

I ll also be going off the grid for around 10 days soon, and I m considering opening an INR case. I kinda feel bad for the buyer since it's possible he ll be forced to refund me, and I might also receive the item later. However if I wait it out for more, I ll lose my privileges and in case the item never actually arrives, I ll be out of 100 bucks just like that...

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

When to file INR?

Ugh, replace "buyer" with "seller" above...

The really should be a bit more laxed with the editing time...

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

When to file INR?

You only have 30 days after the last estimated delivery date to open a case with ebay.

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

When to file INR?

@thegm963 wrote:

Here's the situation

Buyer ships on his own volition and without my knowledge a semi expensive item(around 80 bucks, 100 with shipping) untracked. We both live in europe so items don't spent time in customs and arrive in a couple of days, a week max 9/10 of times. Local postal service though is shady and known for "misplacing",  losing or delaying forever stuff, especially untracked ones. 

Two and a half weeks have passed since the last estimated day of arrival, it's odd but as said not unheard of, I had items like that arrived like 40 days later(Again, within EU, not from china/HK) but they were all of very little value so I just didn't bother in any case.

I ll also be going off the grid for around 10 days soon, and I m considering opening an INR case. I kinda feel bad for the buyer since it's possible he ll be forced to refund me, and I might also receive the item later. However if I wait it out for more, I ll lose my privileges and in case the item never actually arrives, I ll be out of 100 bucks just like that...

@thegm963

You could open your case and message the seller.. Let them know if the item arives you'll repay.

~Pika~
People in life that are the happiest don't have the most,, they make the most of what they have...

Message 4 of 4
latest reply