cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What would you do about a seller who persists in listing an item that is not correctly described?

I just had unpleasant communications with a seller who ignores my suggestion to revise his listing as the item is not what the listing title indicates. I included attachments of the correct item and he poo-poohed my knowledge and sounded stupid as he doesn't care if the item is returned by buyers who realize that they received the wrong item, although it's always the buyer's responsibility. Because of the seller's obnoxious behavior I tried to report the seller but this is what I get from ebay: 

"File a report

We are not able to process your message now.Please contact eBay Customer Service."

I'm not going to bother but some stupid buyer is going to have to deal with returns, etc., and the seller does not accept returns.

I'm going to divorce myself from this but I am interested in your opinions for reference.

Message 1 of 47
latest reply
46 REPLIES 46

What would you do about a seller who persists in listing an item that is not correctly described?

yes

Message 46 of 47
latest reply

It would appear the seller doesn't value your self-proclaimed expertise as much as you do.  Frankly, if by "obnoxious behavior" you mean the seller telling you to mind your own business, I don't see anything to report.  Even if you would be qualified as an expert witness in a court of law, it is doubtful that your offering your opinion to the seller in this case would be deemed appropriate.

"It is an intelligent man that is aware of his own ignorance."
Message 47 of 47
latest reply