cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What's up with eBay lately?

Seems like my last several purchases have had problems. Shipping info is WAY off or not updated, I don't receive my items on time anymore and sometimes not at all, I purchase something and right after I purchase it the listings get removed and eBay won't tell me a **bleep** thing about why it was removed, I'm getting charged sales tax on items out of state AND out of the country and all the scam listings that list what you're looking for, but when you click on it it's a totally different item and all this seems to be getting worse. I might have to pay more, but I'm about to drop eBay. I mean **bleep** is going on?

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Re: What's up with eBay lately?

I never have any of this issues but I never buy from China.
The sales tax laws have changed your state now requires that all items ship to your state will be charged tax .
Message 2 of 7
latest reply

4 recent ebay purchases , almost unbelievable !

1. Guaranteed delivery date, no tracking # posted on ebay but did have tracking & item arrived late

2. Seller shipped wrong item

3. Item arrived damaged, was very poorly packaged

4. Item damaged after listing photo was taken, shipped  & arrived without the missing damaged area within the package.

All long term, experienced, domestic ebay sellers, 3 with 100% buyer feedback, 1 with nearly 100%

I submitted photo evidence as proof to 3 of the sellers, & will leave them no feedback.

Left positive for the seller with the late guaranteed delivery.

Ever wonder why sales on ebay may possibly be declining  ?

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

@johtod3,

"Shipping info is WAY off or not updated, I don't receive my items on time anymore and sometimes not at all".

What info is way off? Some tracking info does not update once it leaves Chinese control.  If you do not get tracking info all you can do is file INR disputes the day after the last estimated delivery date.

"I purchase something and right after I purchase it the listings get removed and eBay won't tell me a **bleep** thing about why it was removed".

eBay has never told buyers why a listing gets pulled. Usually items get pulled because of some sort of scam, and often the seller becomes Nolonger A Registered User (NARU). You are still eligible to get a refund from the Money Back Guarantee though.

"all the scam listings that list what you're looking for, but when you click on it it's a totally different item and all this seems to be getting worse".

Many of those listings can be avoided by not using Price: Lowest First as your main search filter. Since it is usually chinese sellers who use that scam. From the left hand column you can select U.S. only which will remove some of the listings, and you can set a price point to start searching from that is closer to the real value of the item you are shopping for.

" I'm getting charged sales tax on items out of state AND out of the country".

Your state has decided to charge a sales tax on internet purchases no matter where they come from. That means that most sites will be collecting the sales tax at the time of purchase for disbursement to your state.

Maybe before buying from any seller, you should check their feedback profile page, which will show what country the seller is registered in, and if you click on the numbers of non-positive feedback they have received you can read only those comments.

"THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS FOOLPROOF, BECAUSE FOOLS ARE SO DARNED INGENIOUS!" (unknown)
Message 4 of 7
latest reply

The guaranteed delivery is not offered by any seller, that is E Bay giving out false guarantees to buyers  with a $5 coupon who then assume it's a sellers fault.

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

Yes I know that ebay provides the coupon, try getting it when the seller never enters a tracking # on ebay.

Are you suggesting ebay enrolls a seller into guaranteed delivery without their consent ?

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

No one is enrolled that I know of.  It is just that e-bay, in their infinite wisdom, adds this to some listings just to make a buyer think that they will actually get the item on time.  Makes some buyers more inclined to buy because they see this guarantee.   But since E-bay has absolutely NO CONTROL over the shipping companies, that guarantee means nothing except that the buyer will get a $5? coupon if the item doesn't get to them in the time guaranteed.  E-bay cannot actually guarantee that the item will get to a buyer in the specified time.  Just not in their control.  They just have to pay out if the item doesn't arrive on time.  

As far as I know, sellers have no control over whether the guaranteed delivery is added to their listing.  

But they, of course, are the ones that get the blame if the delivery time is off.

COYOTES RULE!!!

Message 7 of 7
latest reply