cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We need eBay to add a "bad seller" tool!

techgrh
Adventurer

The career seller can pretty much be compared to the career politician. They have a perverted sense of honesty. You will notice that they they go to every extreme NOT to directly lie, but instead try to lead you by omitting the truth.

I tend to trust the infrequent sellers with great feedback a lot more.

And eBay is like the media, they will take the side of whoever they think will increase their profit.

There are bad buyers also, but it is rare, as the profit margin is very low.  Usually they break even with a refund, and the seller is upset that his scam failed.

Both sides are guilty of "fake news" in the forum. So let's just take the forums out of the equation. I have attempted to add really blatant scammers to my saved seller list, with notes of the scam. But it is passive, and I have to manually check.

I'd like to see a feature where you can privately mark a seller as "bad", and it reminds you whenever you look at one their listings in the future.  The seller would be completely unaware of the action, unlike the ability of the seller to ban buyers.

Message 1 of 23
latest reply
22 REPLIES 22

Re: We need eBay to add a "bad seller" tool!

Thanks to all who gave professional and helpful input. But as you can see, the moderator has had to step in to delete many of the unproductive comments, so it it time to end this discussion.

Who knows? It may now lead to a better system!

Message 16 of 23
latest reply

Oh yeah decisions can be made a lot better on eBay for example, when a buyer files a claim against a seller, before eBay listens to either side, the first thing they should do is check each of their separate feedback. For example, a buyer claims the seller hasn't shipped his item or it's taking longer than it's supposed to for the item to arrive, if eBay just looks at the seller's feedback and sees the same problem happening over and over then it's a no-brainer to rule in favor of the buyer. If the buyer has a history of filing bad claims, eBay rules in favor of the seller. It's not **bleep** rocket science but let's say neither of them have bad feedback then eBay listens to both sides and the sides which is more credible.

My biggest problem with eBay is they truly and honestly don't give a **bleep** either way otherwise they would have a list on a seller who continuously is having claims filed against them. Allowing sellers to continue to sell on eBay while continuously causing the same problem makes eBay as big of the problem is the bad sellers. In my opinion when eBay does this they may as well be committing fraud because it's obvious they care very little when it comes to customer service and doing what's correct. Too many claims against the seller with repeated rulings going to the buyer should be a big red flag and eBay should immediately ban them from selling.
Message 17 of 23
latest reply

Been there. Done that. Nobody cared.

(but script doesn't do popups or alerts, just disappears the search results for those on the "list")
Message 18 of 23
latest reply

You would never know you were blocked as a buyer unless you tried to buy from that seller.  You may be blocked by the seller adding your id to his blocked bidder list (BBL), or the automatic blocks for buyer requirements may have blocked you~violation reports, unpaid items, etc.

Message 19 of 23
latest reply

@techgrh wrote:

Let's see. 182 feedbacks in the last year, absolutely none of them were negative or neutral. You must be really paranoid to see that. My feedback is fact based, not emotionally based. If that upsets you, let me know if I ever buy from you, and I'll add a smiley face!.

171 Feedback received in total since 2002

21 received in the past 12 months

All positive ... because buyers CANNOT get negs or neutrals. A seller has not been able to leave a non-positive feedback for a buyer since 2008.

184 Feedback left for others since 2002

173 positive/2 negatives/7 neutrals (5% non-positive)

22 left in the past 12 months

20 positive/2 neutrals (10% non-positive)

penguins_dont_fly is a Volunteer Community Mentor
Buying and Selling since 2013

Message 20 of 23
latest reply

Because many posts were deleted, you may not have seen my almost immediate correction about the "182 feedbacks" after I realized it was an error on my part. I made no comments concerning seller ratings about me.

So as you can see, 2 negative feedbacks in 15 years. If you believe my 7 neutral should be lumped into you stats as negative, that is your decision.

But thanks for the stats, way back to 2002!  As most can see, I am not some horrible criminal that the "good sellers" tried to make me out to be. It is a shame that many of my replies were deleted because the attacks directed against me were censored, thus removing my reply. I guess my message to them would now be...

"An educated buyer is indeed your worst nightmare!"

Message 21 of 23
latest reply

@techgrh wrote:

Because many posts were deleted, you may not have seen my almost immediate correction about the "182 feedbacks" after I realized it was an error on my part. I made no comments concerning seller ratings about me.

So as you can see, 2 negative feedbacks in 15 years. If you believe my 7 neutral should be lumped into you stats as negative, that is your decision.

But thanks for the stats, way back to 2002!  As most can see, I am not some horrible criminal that the "good sellers" tried to make me out to be. It is a shame that many of my replies were deleted because the attacks directed against me were censored, thus removing my reply. I guess my message to them would now be...

"An educated buyer is indeed your worst nightmare!"

I see a trend here.  Most of your sellers appear to be from China.  Buying from China can be iffy at times.  

I guess the easiest way for you to avoid some of your issues would be to eliminate China from your search parameters. 

COYOTES RULE!!!

Message 22 of 23
latest reply

AGREED!!! I can't believe this is not already and option.  I just got scammed from an overseas seller who posted false pictures and sent cheap imitation knock-offs and then tried to get me to accept a partial refund  WT... Unacceptable! Seeing how these seller's "stores" sell such a wide range of products, the likelyhood of running into them in the future is pretty high, and I'd like to avoid  future scams with this seller ever again, and avoid the headache of returns and refunds. It's sad that I have to use the Heart(favorites) list option now to actually list all the scammers I've run into, so that I don't for get their crazy generic user name/numbers. Where's the thumbs down list @ebay?????!!!!! How about that buyer protection? I don't want a coupon, I want what I ordered, paid for, and waited a month to get!!!!

Message 23 of 23
latest reply