cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wanting to know return policy details, seller won't accept messages

Hi all. I'm a relatively new buyer when it comes to eBay. I'm looking at this expensive laptop from a what-seems reputable seller: Lenovo Legion Pro 7 16" Gaming Laptop 240Hz i9-13900HX 16GB RAM 1TB SSD RTX 4080 196803746181 | eBay

However I cannot find return policy details, and the seller won't except any messages or questions. This seems like a good deal and the seller is huge, however for such a high-value item I need to fully understand the refund policy. Can I get a full refund for whatever reason within a certain time frame? Or are there specific circumstances only? 

Anyone have any advice for this? Cheers

Message 1 of 11
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@dan257245 

To perhaps simplify things, here's the link to eBay's complete return policy. Ebay sellers aren't allowed to charge a restocking fee; they're only allowed to not refund in full if the item is returned altered or damaged. Personally I don't find the seller's feedback to be all that problematic. And you're covered by eBay's Money Back Guarantee. Were I in the market for this particular laptop I see nothing that would make me steer clear of this seller.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 10 of 11
latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

On the listing, under the payment section on the right side, it shows the sellers return policy and Ebays MBG.

Have a great day
Message 2 of 11
latest reply

I see '30 Day Returns' on that listing with the seller paying for return shipping. Sounds solid to me.

Buyers also have eBay's Money Back Guarantee. Happy hunting! >> eBay Money Back Guarantee policy

Message 3 of 11
latest reply

I just looked at his feedback.

Are you serious?

I suggest reading some of the feedbacks always before making a purchase.

Message 4 of 11
latest reply

161 negs in 12 months.  Granted, over 11,000 sales, but the scenarios described in the negs are disconcerting at best.

Message 5 of 11
latest reply

I read that, however I couldn't find any actual details. Like do they charge a restocking fee for opened items? Or what if you just decide you don't like the product, but it's not defective? For example Amazon and Newegg have specific return policies you can refer to for these sorts of circumstances.

Message 6 of 11
latest reply

Thanks for your reply 🙂

I saw that part, however I couldn't find any actual details about policies. Like do they charge a restocking fee for opened items? Or what if you just decide you don't like the product, but it's not defective? For example Amazon and Newegg have specific return policies you can refer to for these sorts of circumstances, so you know exactly what your courses of actions are. 

Message 7 of 11
latest reply

Are you serious what? I've been looking on Reddit for this seller and its almost all satisfied people, with a few nightmare stories thrown in. So I've been reading lots of feedback. However this is exactly why I'm trying to nail down the exact return policy so I know my course of action if I'm dissatisfied. 

Hope that explains it better

Message 8 of 11
latest reply

Yeah I've been reading about this seller A LOT, mostly on reddit and its almost all satisfied people, with a few nightmare stories thrown in. So I've been reading lots of feedback. However this is exactly why I'm trying to nail down the exact return policy so I know my course of action if I'm dissatisfied. 

Hope that explains it better

Message 9 of 11
latest reply

@dan257245 

To perhaps simplify things, here's the link to eBay's complete return policy. Ebay sellers aren't allowed to charge a restocking fee; they're only allowed to not refund in full if the item is returned altered or damaged. Personally I don't find the seller's feedback to be all that problematic. And you're covered by eBay's Money Back Guarantee. Were I in the market for this particular laptop I see nothing that would make me steer clear of this seller.

Message 10 of 11
latest reply

The best answer I’ve gotten. Thank you. You gave me some confidence in buying a high priced item. Cheers 

Message 11 of 11
latest reply