cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Walmart.

I've been getting a lot of things I've bought on eBay from Walmart.  I check the price comparison to what I paid and what Walmart charges.  Ouch. I sold on eBay for MANY years till recently because I can barely make it to the mailbox or into the post office to mail sold items.  So I've been buying on eBay to help others selling on eBay but I'm thinking about changing to Walmart with what I can save by doing so.  Just had to complain a little out of disappointment. 

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Re: Walmart.

@luckykey3,

You need to do a better job of vetting your sellers before buying from them, by checking their feedback profile pages. A couple of your recent sellers have negative feedback for shipping from Walmart, a few more have poor feedback percentages with negatives, for shipping the wrong items, poor packing, and cancellations.   You cannot go by feedback percentages alone these days.  If you receive an item from Walmart leave a negative for the seller, and report them to ebay. 

Sellers registered in Israel and elsewhere in N.Africa usually drop ship using Amazon, which is allowed.   Sellers registered in China should be avoided as often as possible. If you see a comment on a seller's profile about receiving items from Walmart hit the back button.

"THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS FOOLPROOF, BECAUSE FOOLS ARE SO DARNED INGENIOUS!" (unknown)
Message 2 of 8
latest reply

I hate to disagree with you but I do very well vetting my sellers. The thing is it's difficult finding decent ones with items I'm looking for. I try to chose the best one for each item I buy. Sometimes I even skip those with really low prices that have zero feedback. Just did recently. And I don't know who's items you're looking at but going back a few I only saw one saying they got it from Walmart and another one that said Amazon. I only mentioned Walmart because I had gotten a few recently and mentioned not liking it. As far as buying from China.... why not? The people in the US charge too much and some of them even get the products FROM CHINA. 

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

You need to check prices in many venues before buying to insure the best value for your money.  No one selling venue will have the lowest prices on every item all the time.

While sellers can use a dropshipping service, it has to be a real one.  They can't just hand your order off to another seller like that.

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

You should shop at Walmart and eBay and other online stores. Buy it from wherever is cheaper. You don't owe loyalty to any platform when you make purchases.

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

Walmart is generally my 1st place to look. For the most part things arrive quickly and are most times (with the regular guy) right at my door (or in my garage).

Look on eBay.................  not so much😁

I sell on eBay, and am appreciative of that income, but generates no need for any "loyalty" to eBay to make purchases that may cost more, may arrive later, have no warranty, may not be in the condition listed, and may not come from where stated. Yes, I know about the eBay MBG, but why deal with such?

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

As the world economy has suffered many sellers have appeared on Ebay who are buying product when they get an order from Walmart and having Walmart ship to their buyers.

I say the world because as well as desperate sellers in the US with nothing to invest, there are people in other countries like Turkey who are being trained to engage in this activity. They are more desperate than Americans because they have to deal with a dramatically higher inflation rate. Not only do they need money, they need it to be in dollars which are not losing value at the rate their local currency is.

There are products which one should buy on Ebay, and others where the best deal is somewhere else. You should be able to invest a small amount of time and decide what types of items you should buy on which sites. It does not require shopping every purchase on multiple sites.

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

Thanks everyone for your input. The thing is I've been shopping on Ebay since 2001 and I know very well what to look for and avoid. I was merely complaining about how many things I've been getting from Walmart (and even Amazon) lately. And no I haven't seen others mention it in feedback much. I was just complaining is all. 

Message 8 of 8
latest reply