cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to find best offer

I would like to hear about your experience and oppinion of this situation.

I wanted to buy 16 GB USB memory stick. I was looking to best deal on ebay but with this setup it is impossible to find it. All sellers are selling multiple choices, and you have to open every one (out of few hundred thousans) to find the price for the item to buy the best. In my oppinion, this is a way to bypass free competition, just choke with offers and nobody can say if your price is OK or not. This is a way to sabotage fair fight, ebay should offer to buyers choice to skip all sellers with several prices and multiple choces.

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Re: Unable to find best offer

@ladislastazi_0,

There are two ways to avoid multi-variation listings. A) Since you are located in Croatia, on the search results page check the site you use most check Europe or Croatia only which gets rid of many of the chinese sellers who use the multi-variation pricing to get the first search results.  B) Do not shop by Price: lowest first, or use the price from:__ to:__, option in the left hand column, once you get an idea of what a 16gb memory stick actually sells for on average. Then set the lowest price a bit lower than the average one.

Just for your information Memory sticks or cards are one of the most counterfeited items sold online on any site.  There is a high probability of receiving one that does not live up to its 16gb rating, or work at all. These are mostly sold by chinese or Asian sellers, so if the seller is registered in China or the item location is China, find another seller.  Do not buy from high volume sellers who have less than a 99% rating either.

"THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS FOOLPROOF, BECAUSE FOOLS ARE SO DARNED INGENIOUS!" (unknown)
Message 2 of 4
latest reply

Some USB flash drives that are sold did not pass quality control thus they will not be branded, and the seller will not tell you that. I bought some of these, used special software to mark bad sectors, and I haven't had a problems since. However I would not put important data on them.

There is also software to check for drives where the storage is lower than what the operating system shows.

Here's H2testw for Windows: https://pendriveapps.com/test-for-fake-usb-flash-drives-h2testw/

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

Cheapest price in most cases here does not mean best value especially in stuff like memory sticks where you have so many fakes.  

Message 4 of 4
latest reply