cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to contact eBay as well as seller - his account suspended & now "no longer a registered user"

I placed two orders in September and October last year in 2022. The seller promised to deliver the item by the end of December 2022 or by January 2023, which was greater than the 90 day period (also the eBay Money Back Guarantee) as set by eBay for getting refund. Like me many others have placed orders and since the orders were not fulfilled by the seller over the time and it was getting delayed beyond 15 January. 

Only then I thought it would not be good to wait more and I contacted the seller, they said that their account was having limited rights and it was not able to provide a refund as eBay was holding their funds. They also said their account was suspended. So they asked to contact my credit card issuer to raise a chargeback. Even eBay customer service advised me to do so.

But before I could raise, the 60 day period from the transaction date was already over (as set by my bank's policy) and the bank said it not possible to raise a chargeback. But on good-faith basis they raised a charge back to see if something happens. Unfortunately few days back (after 3 months), I got a message saying that "the chargeback request was rejected by the merchant/acquiring bank".

To my surprise, when I tried to contact the seller on eBay, it says that "No longer a registered User".

Now I do not know whether eBay has the entire money of all the buyers who placed order with this seller or it is with the seller. But one clue I have got is, the seller is The British Coin Hunt located in Weymouth.

I am not able to contact anybody from Ebay as well as the seller. Anybody can provide any advice for getting my money back? This was a very very peculiar situation which I never expected. I never expected that the seller's  status would become "No longer a registered user on eBay" It was also my mistake that I failed to contact eBay within 90 days to get a refund. But I had so much belief that the seller would somehow fulfill the order but never expected he would be suspended from eBay and would go contactless after that.

Message 1 of 2
latest reply
1 REPLY 1

Unable to contact eBay as well as seller - his account suspended & now "no longer a registered user"

Ebay has a thirty day MBG, not ninety days. This seller knew what he was doing by stringing you along until past the refund date.Ebay may have removed that seller. Sorry I have no suggestions for getting your money back if your bank has already refused you.

``````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

“Never pick a fight with an ugly person. They don’t have anything to lose.” ~Robin Williams
Message 2 of 2
latest reply