cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USPS tracking number indicated delivered but I never received the package. How to get my money back?

Hello all,

USPS tracking number indicated that the package was delivered today. However, I never received it. This afternoon I went to a USPS Carrier Annex and spoke with a supervisor. The supervisor looked everywhere and made several calls. He could not locate the package. He told me that the package was most likely stolen. He wrote a note to for me to help me get my money back. The note says:

"XXXXX was at the XXXX Carrier Annex looking for his parcel which was scanned delivered. He did not receive this parcel. It was most likely stolen from the mail box area. USPS Supervisor name and phone number".

I do not know what to do to get my payment back at this point. I appreciate your help. Thank you so much!

Message 1 of 20
latest reply
19 REPLIES 19

USPS tracking number indicated delivered but I never received the package. How to get my money back?

If it was stolen, all you can do is file mail theft and a police report, but it won't get your money back.

Have a great day
Message 2 of 20
latest reply

Hi, Thanks for your message. I did not know that. Does eBay have any kind of insurance to cover this kind of losses. Otherwise, it will be very difficult for me to continue shopping on eBay especially using USPS as a shipper.

Message 3 of 20
latest reply

I'm wondering if after all that action with the PO supervisor and several phone calls,

Did anybody ask the delivery person what he or she did with the package?

I mean,  They're the human that scanned the package "Delivered"    

Message 4 of 20
latest reply

Can you ask the Postmaster if the GPS location at which the package was scanned was actually at your house, they do record the GPS location.

Message 5 of 20
latest reply

Yes, The supervisor did. The delivery person said he left the package by the mailbox on an open shelf which everybody has access to.

Message 6 of 20
latest reply

I did not know that. I can call him tomorrow. Thanks!

Message 7 of 20
latest reply

@tele-trade wrote:

Hi, Thanks for your message. I did not know that. Does eBay have any kind of insurance to cover this kind of losses. Otherwise, it will be very difficult for me to continue shopping on eBay especially using USPS as a shipper.

Sorry, no, the MBG does not cover items stolen after they were delivered.

It's not just USPS, no carriers will cover theft after delivery.

Have a great day
Message 8 of 20
latest reply

Thanks for the message. This will change my online shopping for sure.

Message 9 of 20
latest reply

There are few, if any, online retailers that cover theft of a delivered package. So you may find it difficult to do any online shopping.

Message 10 of 20
latest reply

That's so true. For Amazon, I can go to their drop box to pick up packages, which is very reliable. My online shopping will never be the same due to this incident.

Message 11 of 20
latest reply

@tele-trade wrote:

That's so true. For Amazon, I can go to their drop box to pick up packages, which is very reliable. My online shopping will never be the same due to this incident. 

Many, many more reports like this @tele-trade plus their clueless CS. 

Amazon locker was empty?

So I ordered some thermal interface material and needed it ASAP so opted for Amazon Locker delivery which was 2 days quicker, but when I entered the code today the locker was literally empty. I contacted Amazon and they basically told me I was lying and that this wasn't possible?

The value of the item is like 5 dollars so I don't really mind reordering but I still need the item urgently, and their customer support just didn't seem to care. They even told me to check in with a neighbor to see if they had it but I repeatedly told them it was to a locker which they didn't seem to know what to do.

I'm sure there are like 10 cameras recording the locker at all times, so they could easily pull up that footage to see me clearly not take anything out of the locker to prove that it really was empty, but I suspect they won't do that either. They even had the audacity to ask me to file a police report? Like bruh its literally 5 dollars...

But yeah, this will probably be the last time I use the locker to order anything which is a bummer because it's in a really convenient location.

Message 12 of 20
latest reply

Wow, That's shocking. Thanks for the info. The only thing left is to schedule pick ups at UPS, FedEx and DHL and "Signature Required Delivery" at USPS. I will minimize my online shopping for sure from now on.  

Message 13 of 20
latest reply

@tele-trade wrote:

Yes, The supervisor did. The delivery person said he left the package by the mailbox on an open shelf which everybody has access to.

Unfortunately, since it was delivered to your address, you are SOL. Buyers are expected to have a secure place at which to receive their mail and if there's a problem with mail theft, you have to find other options to receive mail.

@tele-trade wrote:

Wow, That's shocking. Thanks for the info. The only thing left is to schedule pick ups at UPS, FedEx and DHL and "Signature Required Delivery" at USPS. I will minimize my online shopping for sure from now on.  

Another option is to rent a post office box. It's the safest way to be sure you won't be the victim of a porch pirate. If you choose to do this, rent the smallest size (cheapest) and if you have mail that doesn't fit into the box, they'll leave a note in the box and you can get the package at the counter.

albertabrightalberta
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 14 of 20
latest reply

That's a great idea. I'll keep that in my mind. Thanks!

Message 15 of 20
latest reply