cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USPS tracking number indicated delivered but I never received the package. How to get my money back?

Hello all,

USPS tracking number indicated that the package was delivered today. However, I never received it. This afternoon I went to a USPS Carrier Annex and spoke with a supervisor. The supervisor looked everywhere and made several calls. He could not locate the package. He told me that the package was most likely stolen. He wrote a note to for me to help me get my money back. The note says:

"XXXXX was at the XXXX Carrier Annex looking for his parcel which was scanned delivered. He did not receive this parcel. It was most likely stolen from the mail box area. USPS Supervisor name and phone number".

I do not know what to do to get my payment back at this point. I appreciate your help. Thank you so much!

Message 1 of 20
latest reply
19 REPLIES 19

USPS tracking number indicated delivered but I never received the package. How to get my money back?

@tele-trade,

You need to get the shipping label information, to find out if the package was actually addressed to you. The "supervisor" may not have checked that information if you did not give him your delivery address.  If you did give it to him, you do not have any recourse because ebay's Money Back Guarantee (MBG) does not cover theft from mailboxes, porches etc.. 

There is a possibility that the package was delivered to a different address and only an envelope or very small empty  box was sent. Did you check the rest of your mail to see if an envelope with the tracking number you received was delivered?

To find out if the item was addressed to a different address and if what type of package was delivered was appropriate for the item you purchased, follow the instructions I posted in the link below that was accepted as the best answer. You will need that information in order to get a refund.  Your initial item not received (INR) dispute may be closed in favor of the seller, but you can appeal the decision with the info from the P.O.. There will be a link in the message you receive saying the dispute was closed, to appeal. and you will have 30 days from receiving the message to appeal.

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Shipping/What-do-you-do-when-ebay-support-will-not-help-you/m-p/340800...

"THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS FOOLPROOF, BECAUSE FOOLS ARE SO DARNED INGENIOUS!" (unknown)
Message 16 of 20
latest reply

Thanks for your message! I live in an apartment building. We have mail box in the lobby on the first floor. The USPS delivery man just left the package by the mail box and never delivered the package to my apartment door, which is on the 9th floor. I did give the USPS supervisor my address and did not have any mails on the that day. I'll read all the messages on your linked pages. Thanks again.

Message 17 of 20
latest reply

You are the one who nedds to tell USPS where to deliver the packages if you want it delivered to your door..

read here...

https://faq.usps.com/s/article/USPS-Delivery-Instructions-The-Basics

janet9988_0-1701995381893.png

For some......It seems wisdom has been chasing you, but you have always been faster.
Message 18 of 20
latest reply

I live an apartment building on the top floor...Neighbors should be friends...or at least a few. I do pick up packages for neighbors in the building and put them in front of their door. I have 6 neighbor's telephone numbers. My neighbors sometimes text me to watch out for a package for them if I can. It's the neighborly thing to do. Its the food delivery people who might not be honest sometimes.

Usually there is tracking given to a buyer that item is out for delivery in their inbox emails on their iPhone or on their computer.

No one usually leaves your package by your door by a delivery shipping person.

Message 19 of 20
latest reply

Thanks for the messages. USPS delivery man does leave packages by my door like most UPS, FedEx guys do. The problem is USPS guys are inconsistent. I never know what they are going to do for my next package.   

Message 20 of 20
latest reply