cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USPS status is delivered but actually the package is not delivered at all! Pls help!

Hello,i was sent a package from ebay via USPS but i didnt receive the package and the status on USPS as Delivered, Left with Individual
WILMINGTON, DE 19808
Your item was delivered to an individual at the address at 8:35 am on September 21, 2020 in WILMINGTON, DE 19808.

Did anyone have similar issues? What are my next steps to solve it? Contacting USPS or opening ebay case? Also can the seller provide any labels or receipts so that i know that there was no mistake in the address? Which side can give me this information? And if the address will be correct,then what should i do next? Thank you guys.

Message 1 of 17
latest reply
16 REPLIES 16

USPS status is delivered but actually the package is not delivered at all! Pls help!

I had this happen twice.  Both times the package was coming from overseas.  With the first package I checked with my postman and he told me he remembered putting it at my side garage door so it would not get wet.  Sure enough that is where I found it.  The second time was a package that was coming from India.  From the paperwork it appears the delivery status updated with the package arrived in the US.  It was delivered several days later.  I asked my postal carrier but he didn't have an answer...... I would check with you postal carrier and your close neighbors just to be certain it wasn't delivered there by mistake.  

Message 2 of 17
latest reply

If the tracking was scanned "delivered" to the zip code on the order, then you will lose any eBay or PayPal "Not Received" case.

The seller is not responsible for Items where the tracking shows Delivered to the address on the order.

1: Check with neighbors or housemates to see if they received your package. Check any areas around your home where the Carrier might have put your package for "safety" reasons (under bushes, behind a planter, on the side of the house, etc)

2: Contact your Local Post Office. Ask them to check the GPS coordinates of the delivered scan.

3: If the GPS coordinates do not match your address, see if the Post Office can retrieve the misdelivered package.

3a: If the Post Office cannot retrieve the package, file a Lost Package claim with the USPS.

4: If the GPS coordinates do match your address, and nobody in your household has it ... You can file a theft report with your Local police department and then file a claim with your homeowner's or renter's insurance.

penguins_dont_fly is a Volunteer Community Mentor
Buying and Selling since 2013

Message 3 of 17
latest reply

Shipping was within USA.

When im trying to fille a claim to USPS,im getting:

This claim falls outside the acceptable time limit to file a claim for Insured Mail including Priority Mail™ of 15 - 60 days. You may continue with this claim, but it may be rejected.

How is it possible if the shipping date was 09/18/2020 ? Or they mean i should wait for 5 more days?

Message 4 of 17
latest reply

@gekanukr 

Did you do any of the other steps like contacting the Post Office about the GPS coordinates, checking with neighbors, etc?

A Priority Mail package is not "lost" until 14 days have passed. And they won't consider it "lost" immediately if it is scanned delivered .... unless you have already contacted them about misdelivery.

penguins_dont_fly is a Volunteer Community Mentor
Buying and Selling since 2013

Message 5 of 17
latest reply

How do i contact USPS? There is only claim option when you press "contact us" where you finally cant write anything at all,only including tracking number and status of the subjest. Thanks

Message 6 of 17
latest reply

Also i cant contact USPS via email or online. Tried 5 times already from different browsers and computers After i include all the info there is a button sumbit,i press and and no reaction! 😞

Message 7 of 17
latest reply

Isn't that address a freight forwarder? Did you talk to the seller?

``````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

“Never pick a fight with an ugly person. They don’t have anything to lose.” ~Robin Williams
Message 8 of 17
latest reply

@gekanukr wrote:

How do i contact USPS? There is only claim option when you press "contact us" where you finally cant write anything at all,only including tracking number and status of the subjest. Thanks

1-800- ASKUSPS

Message 9 of 17
latest reply

Yes freight forwarder,they said didnt receve it. Have been using it for maybe 8 years,never had issues like that.

Seller is saying he cant do anything cause according to tracking it was delivered.

Message 10 of 17
latest reply

I had this happen but it was not anything you are discussing here.  I was sent a package that said it was delivered and received by someone I never heard of in this apartment building.  A small but actual 3-story building.  Turns out it showed delivered to my zip code.  I did not of course receive the package and found out that the seller was a scammer.   He claimed his "new" employee sent it to the wrong address.  The only recourse was to open a complaint via PayPal.  No other place would do so BECAUSE it was "delivered".   PayPal took a week but I guess after looking at the feedback of that seller realized they were scamming people.  So PayPal sided with me and gave me a complete refund.

I add this because it seems this is becoming more commonplace on eBay and it is a shame.  I checked the sellers feedback which was very little but glowing.  I cringe when I see people say you MUST buy only from established places.  I guess it is true since eBay has been around a while now but they ALL started with ONE feedback, so I don't buy the stick with established sellers.   

Just my two cents worth here but crazy stuff is happening on eBay lately.

Message 11 of 17
latest reply

Do you have 2 eBay ID's?

This is not the ID of the original poster.

Message 12 of 17
latest reply

And if you and the seller are both in the US per your earlier statement, why would the GSP and/or a freight forwarder be involved? 

Message 13 of 17
latest reply

Curiouser and curiouser . . .

Message 14 of 17
latest reply

I sell and recently got an order returned since the buyer who was new to ebay didn't put unit number on package. The tracking says delivered. I decided to be kind and contact buyer and get unit number and resend it. I told the new buyer that other sellers won't help in this situation since if is says delivered that is the end of it. I think it is wrong. I would contact the buyer and let them know and see if they can replace it or refund you. These things happen often and I am NOT one of those sellers. She was very thankful I resent and gave her that info and to add her unit number to both ebay & paypal. All worked out. Have to be careful and hopefully your seller will be kind too.

Message 15 of 17
latest reply