cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Two word search broken

I went to search for a Bucilla Stocking (felt Christmas stocking) in the subcategory Handcrafted and Finished Pieces.  Searching Bucilla Stocking brought back 23 results, which is way low.  Searching Bucilla + Stocking brought back 101 results.  Same search but in the larger craft category brought back 5814 results vs. 6570 results with the +.  Who is going to search with a "+" sign?  No wonder I have no hits and can't find what I'm looking to buy.  Grrr.

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Two word search broken

Searching Bucilla stocking results in 4,304 listings ? Don't worry about categories. When you do a search start big "all categories", then use the tools on the left side of the screen to narrow your search down. Nothing is broken and works as intended.

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

Two word search broken

More like "Nothing works as intended and is broken".

Two word search broken

@d-k_treasures wrote:

More like "Nothing works as intended and is broken".

Quite helpful for the OP.

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

Two word search broken

@coolections wrote:

Don't worry about categories. When you do a search start big "all categories", then use the tools on the left side of the screen to narrow your search down. 

Agreed. I search for specific items on eBay--I rarely just "browse." The only time I use the category search is when I'm looking for a specific book because of some of the refinements offered by the "Book" category. Other than that, I always start with "All categories."

Message 5 of 5
latest reply