cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tracking number provided but item not shipped

I purchased the item on January 31. It says the item has been shipped but the tracking says USPS is awaiting item. Ebay won't do anything right now because a tracking number has been provided. Contacted the seller twice. Once two days ago and then again today. No response. How do you go about getting a refund?

Message 1 of 13
latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

What did the seller say?

Did the seller actually ship yet?

Not every package that is shipped is scanned at the time it is accepted, though most should receive multiple scans as the package travels. If the package is coming from overseas, depending on the shipping service it may not receive a scan until it enters the country.

If the package does not arrive or at least show movement in the tracking by the last estimated shipping date shown in your Purchase History, you should be able to start an "item not received" claim the next business day.

Message 2 of 13
latest reply

The seller hasn't responded. The package is coming from California to Alabama so I can understand it might take a few extra days to get here. But, the tracking number was provided on February 1, then says a shipping label was provided and USPS awaits item. On February 6 it said pre shipment info sent, USPS awaits item. Estimated delivery was February 10, today. There has been no updates other than tracking provided. Still saying they're waiting on the package.

Message 3 of 13
latest reply

Pretty much this.  It really depends on how much you need that item or not, so you can purchase elsewhere and proceed with a refund via the Resolution Center (i.e., item not received case). 

I would personally wait until at least the "expected delivery date" that was set by eBay and/or if the seller actually responds as to what may have happened.  You never know, maybe something happened to the seller so give them the benefit of the doubt.  Just be very careful the seller doesn't give you the run around and delays further.  In that case opt for a refund or make sure to open your case before the 30 day mark after the purchase.

Message 4 of 13
latest reply

@thebamaguy wrote:

The seller hasn't responded. The package is coming from California to Alabama so I can understand it might take a few extra days to get here. But, the tracking number was provided on February 1, then says a shipping label was provided and USPS awaits item. On February 6 it said pre shipment info sent, USPS awaits item. Estimated delivery was February 10, today. There has been no updates other than tracking provided. Still saying they're waiting on the package.

Next couple of days, if nothing shows up, go to the resolution center below and select, I didn't get my item.

Have a great day
Message 5 of 13
latest reply

check the sellers shipping times,some sellers have a window of time frame they give themselves to ship,and will show the tracking number you have explained to ensure they have acknowledged your order and are proceeding,However they can indicate anywhere from same day shipping up to 10 days before they physically ship the item

go to the listing and click shipping and handling near the item description box,it should appear there.

Message 6 of 13
latest reply

Also try entering your tracking number directly on the usps web-site,many times there is a delay in the tracking updating,its possible the package may be in transit however usps is moving so slow they may not have updated tracking in system for your item

hope all this helps,there has been a ton of delays the last few months with usps

Message 7 of 13
latest reply

You can file a claim for an item not received the day after the estimated delivery date.  If in fact the seller has shipped the item the tracking may have not updated in the system.  If there are any updates the seller can request up to a 10 day extension to allow for that package to be delivered.

Message 8 of 13
latest reply

UPDATE
Received a message back from the seller yesterday. I requested a refund today. Obviously the package was never shipped even though they provided a tracking number. The mistake I made was not checking their feedback before I made the purchase. They're a power seller with 360 negative comments in the past year, 57 in just the last month. Most of those are from people who never received their package. Here is the message.
Dear Customer,  Thanks for contacting us. We have double checked our inventory, we are sorry to let you know that the item is currently out of stock due to the unexpected delay on our international shipment which was impact by the Covid- 19. We are expecting the item to be restocked in a couple of days. Once it get restock and we will set priorities to your order and ship it to you right away. Again, I apologize for the inconvenience that we caused you. Thanks

Message 9 of 13
latest reply

It's all about Ebay lieing.  Been through the same situation a few times on Ebay.  I don't care what anyone says on here about it.  If the shipping company doesn't have posession of the item then it's not shipped plan and simply so when anyone says that it's been shipped when the seller only provided a tracking number it's a flat out lie.  Ebay needs to change their ways. And sometimes the seller will give out the wrong tracking number and when it shows delivered in reality to a whole different address Ebay will lie and say you received the product when in reality you didn't.  Ebay is lazy or ignorant on investigating the truth when it only takes a couple minutes to find it by calling the shipping provider plane and simple.  It's a fact and I can prove it in black and white.  So anyone who gives erroneous information on here needs to get their facts straight and quit lieing like Ebay does on numerous occasions.  Get your facts straight!!!!!

Message 10 of 13
latest reply

Why are you asking op the same questions that they're asking other people?

Message 11 of 13
latest reply

@angfede-38 wrote:

Why are you asking op the same questions that they're asking other people?

Why are you responding to a thread that's more than a year old?

Message 12 of 13
latest reply

Hi everyone,

Due to the age of this thread, it has been closed to further replies. Please feel free to start a new thread if you wish to continue to discuss this topic.

Thank you for understanding.

Message 13 of 13
latest reply