cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This Needs To Be Fixed.

I buy an expensive item on the April 19.

I have to pay IMMEDIATELY.

The seller ships on April 24th?!

Ebay says my item will Arrive April 26 today.

Tracking now says April 30!

I can't leave appropriate feedback, because the stars are not anonymous and thus worthless for actually rating a seller without drama. 

Because of this Ebay is a Seller's market.

I think I'm going to start buying directly from the manufacturers.

Message 1 of 85
latest reply
84 REPLIES 84

Re: This Needs To Be Fixed.

So glad I no longer sell here but I am sure others like your post.
Message 31 of 85
latest reply

I purchased an item from Macy's a few years back.  I ordered in plenty time for the date that I wanted to have the item in my possession.  It took Macy's seven (7) days before it actually shipped.  I paid immediately too, but that did not change a thing.  As long as the seller shipped within their handling time, there should not be an issue that "needs to be fixed."

Shopping online is not for everyone.

Message 32 of 85
latest reply

I can't tell if you didn't read my post or simply chose to ignore anything not agreeing with your point of view.

As I said, I don't sell here, I'm a buyer.  You may not want to think so but you ARE being unreasonable. No one is saying EBay is right for changing the date. We are just trying to expain that the seller did nothing wrong and leaving them bad feedback is pointless and vindictive.

No one cares where you work, you're no better than anyone else.  As to you buying from the manufacturers, that may be a good idea.

About the white knight comment, I guess you don't understand what that means on the internet, It means a man who stands up for a woman's right to be an absolute equal, but then steps up like a white knight to rescue her any time that equality becomes a burden. Doesn't really apply here.

Message 33 of 85
latest reply

@thlaylie wrote:

I  am a customer.

I am considered always right regardless of any and all retailer posts to the contrary.

Wrong.

Forget keeping up with the Joneses. Be the Finklegrubers!
OK kids, time to get the Dodge loaded up again. I hear 'Poppy's By the Tree' calling. This trip might be a long one too.
Message 34 of 85
latest reply

You are assuming the seller is just sitting there hoping someone will buy something. Maybe they are working, out of town, in the hospital.....

Why not try being happy that the item you want is on it's way instead of complaining.
Good Moms let you lick the Beaters.

Great Moms turn them off first.
Message 35 of 85
latest reply

@thlaylie wrote:

I  am a customer.

I am considered always right regardless of any and all retailer posts to the contrary.

Request to please identify where a customer is considered as always right and by whom.  

Message 36 of 85
latest reply

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_customer_is_always_right

I realize that the forum thing is to be right, but in this case I won't be convinced to use Ebay if there are better alternatives.

People might think thier posts have won the internet, but the bottom line is that if it doesn't entice me to use this service over others you fail.

Message 37 of 85
latest reply

@thlaylie wrote:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_customer_is_always_right

I realize that the forum thing is to be right, but in this case I won't be convinced to use Ebay if there are better alternatives.

People might think thier posts have won the internet, but the bottom line is that if it doesn't entice me to use this service over others you fail.

Well the posts are telling you how eBay works and if you don't like that it's likely best you don't use it.  I think you'd be hard pressed to find somewhere that means what you expect though.  Amazon does good but at a cost of $99 a year. About to go to 120 a year 

“Birth certificates show that you were born. Death certificates show that you died. Photographs show that you have lived.” -Unknown
Message 38 of 85
latest reply

By the way did you read the link you posted?   It even mentions that it was realized that the customer is always right motto lead to dishonest buyers it basically says it's an outdated concept 

“Birth certificates show that you were born. Death certificates show that you died. Photographs show that you have lived.” -Unknown
Message 39 of 85
latest reply

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/white%20knight

My post was to enform Ebay what I found lacking, a consideration.

They can do what they want about it.

I will chose to buy where I receive the best service.

I read the link's source, the lack of consideration by businesses lead to Ebay being successful. Ironic.

Message 40 of 85
latest reply

@thlaylie wrote:

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/white%20knight

My post was to enform Ebay what I found lacking, a consideration.

They can do what they want about it.

I will chose to buy where I receive the best service.

I read the link's source, the lack of consideration by businesses lead to Ebay being successful. Ironic.

eBay doesn't generally read posts here.  It's mostly members helping other members. 

Message 41 of 85
latest reply

Here are the facts.

You purchased on Thursday the 19th, which may have been Friday for your seller.

I purchased from Mouser on Thursday night, an electronics warehouse with the cheapest ground shipping they offered.

Your seller shipped Tuesday, that's 2 days handling time, reasonable.

Mouser shipped on Tuesday with expected delivery, USPS ground, Saturday the 28th.

You will probably have your item before I get my, shipped from electronics wholesale, items.

Go ahead and buy from manufacturers and wholesalers, you will see how long things take to ship.

There is always Amazon Prime, I have it for Prime Shipping, Books, TV, Music and more and think it's worth every penny.

Anticipation Stinks when your waiting for that part, new toy or clothing you need.

Message 42 of 85
latest reply

eBay already has lots of rules for sellers to follow.  I don't think they should limit a sellers handling time to three days (which your seller would have still met)   They allow up 30 days handling time now, that mostly has to do with allowing preorders, If the seller has over 5 days handling it will say so in the listing as a warning. I do agree eBay should display all handling times again.  If a seller does not ship within their handling time it hurts their metrics and can result in lower search placement. I don't think eBay needs to do any more to maintain handling times other than showing the handling times like they used to 

Message 43 of 85
latest reply

@thlaylie wrote:

Wow! Ebay should be happy to have so many white knights on this forum. I'm willing to bet they are all sellers.

I work in Law Enforcement, so I'm not used to repeating myself.

I  am a customer.

I  am expressing disatisfaction with the current state of this business. I was even nice enough to pinpoint the problems.

I have dealt with the Post Office when they have beem at fault. In this case the seller waited 5 days to ship, from a southern state. If there was a problem, I expect a message about it. I've got stuff purchased at the same time in a few days.

Ebay can take note and make changes based on my feedback or be balmed by the soothing white night vibes.

I have already made several purchases outside of this business because of the lack ofvunderstanding in this thread.

Sorry to invade your world. As you can see by my post count I  don't often complain.

I'm not sure I understand what working in law enforcement has to do with not repeating oneself.  It has been my experience that LEO's often repeat their instructions if time and safety permits.

Of course, you seem to be operating under the assumption that "the customer is always right."  If you check with some of of the other members of the legal profession, you will probably learn that that is not the case.  If memory serves, there have been studies commissioned by several large corporations such as AT&T and Southern Bell that have shown the fallacy of "the customer is always right" business philosophy.

"It is an intelligent man that is aware of his own ignorance."
Message 44 of 85
latest reply

@7606dennis wrote:

@thlaylie wrote:

I work in Law Enforcement, so I'm not used to repeating myself.

I'm not sure I understand what working in law enforcement has to do with not repeating oneself.  It has been my experience that LEO's often repeat their instructions if time and safety permits.

I tried to avoid the OP's proclamation since board rules wouldn't allow me to respond the way I might on other sites, so I'll just link to this thread on The Soapbox:

https://community.ebay.com/t5/The-Soapbox/After-a-more-than-40-year-search-authorities-say-an-ex-cop...

Forget keeping up with the Joneses. Be the Finklegrubers!
OK kids, time to get the Dodge loaded up again. I hear 'Poppy's By the Tree' calling. This trip might be a long one too.
Message 45 of 85
latest reply