cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This Needs To Be Fixed.

I buy an expensive item on the April 19.

I have to pay IMMEDIATELY.

The seller ships on April 24th?!

Ebay says my item will Arrive April 26 today.

Tracking now says April 30!

I can't leave appropriate feedback, because the stars are not anonymous and thus worthless for actually rating a seller without drama. 

Because of this Ebay is a Seller's market.

I think I'm going to start buying directly from the manufacturers.

Message 1 of 85
latest reply
84 REPLIES 84

Re: This Needs To Be Fixed.

This Needs To Be Fixed.

Sorry, but there is nothing broken.

Message 16 of 85
latest reply

THA...

Expedited  Shipping   does NOT mean FAST Shipping.  This is a misleading term made up by the  Post Office itself-- a couple of  years ago--to try to fool   the  Public into  thinking    they are doing a better job than they are actually doing.  Ebay sellers  have no choice but to  use the same terms  that the PO does.Smiley Surprised

Message 17 of 85
latest reply

Actually, having to pay at the time of placing your order isn't anything new.  I'm not sure why it would be a problem.

Once an order is placed, whether or not payment accompanied the order, it takes some period of time for the merchandise to be pulled and sent on its way.  This is the handling time and it varies depending on the way the business is organized and how efficient its system is.

Estimated arrival times are just that, estimates.  There are many factors that can affect the actual transit time, such as, weather or other acts of nature, civil or labor disputes, acts of war, etc.  I once witnessed an accident involving a semi hauling US Mail in which the driver and passengers in the other vehicle were killed and most of the truck's cargo was destroyed by fire.  Naturally, I doubt if any seller with parcels on the truck anticipated that happening.  What I'm saying is that putting too much credence to estimates and tracking is not always a wise thing to do.

With regard to leaving "appropriate feedback,"  I've always found that it is best to concern oneself with solving any problems first before worrying about laying blame on someone for causing them.  This is especially true when the cause of the issue isn't fully know.

Of course, buying directly from the manufacturer is sometimes a good choice.  Provided, of course, that the manufacturer sells directly to the end consumer.  However, that may not remove the requirement to send payment with the order, unless you have established a credit account with them.  I also don't know how much control over variables in transit they would have either.

"It is an intelligent man that is aware of his own ignorance."
Message 18 of 85
latest reply

@castlemagicmemories wrote:

This Needs To Be Fixed.

handleing time? if it takes 6 days to ship, i would like to know. even when time isnt a concern, it would still be nice to know if seller ships every saturday or daily. when it DOES matter, ships daily could make or break the deal.

Message 19 of 85
latest reply

@jrinam wrote:

@castlemagicmemories wrote:

This Needs To Be Fixed.

handleing time? if it takes 6 days to ship, i would like to know. even when time isnt a concern, it would still be nice to know if seller ships every saturday or daily. when it DOES matter, ships daily could make or break the deal.

A handling time over 5 days will be mentioned.  This seller shipped on the third business day though 

I can still see handling time on the eBay app 

“Birth certificates show that you were born. Death certificates show that you died. Photographs show that you have lived.” -Unknown
Message 20 of 85
latest reply

EBay is really not a seller's market anymore. They are far more biased toward the buyer now. I don't sell here, I'm a buyer like you. Depending on where you live, there are and have been big storms in the US this week and last. That's probably what happened to your shipment.

While it's annoying it's the carrier's fault, not EBay or the seller. As to filing item not received, you have 30 days after the last delivery date to do that, I'd wait till the 30th at least.

You can leave any feedback you want, but this isn't the seller's fault. They shipped in 3 business days which is perfectly reasonable.

To the one talking about the other seller who offers 2 day shipping, that's shipping and not handling time. Also if they go past the promised delivery date you can get a free month of well... something I can't mention here but it rhymes with time!

Message 21 of 85
latest reply

@thlaylie wrote:

I have to pay IMMEDIATELY.

Ebay says my item will Arrive April 26 today.

I can't leave appropriate feedback, because the stars are not anonymous and thus worthless for actually rating a seller without drama. 

1) ebay says....why are you mmad at the seller...the tracking show it was dropped at P.O>? didn't they do what they listed to do?????? ebay is a computer a company with bots and uses USPS and comes up with a date...you may even find it arrives on the 26 or 27 th...and the ebay says bot was wrong too...

2) feedback is going to get you what? an angry seller, yep...because it isn't their fault...if you understand the WHOLE process you'd know....

3) ebay is not a seller's market....but everyone has an opinion...

Has it all come to everything is expected and demanded!!! or else.... Just maybe the same AI bots decided you would/could wait til the 30th....and when it shows up earlier....you wouldn't even think about it.... 

how about waiting , see if it comes safe and sound, then express this wrongful dating...it is common on ebay's estimates....but they are estimates...so give /or take...they are fix'en to get it there....

and stop blaming seller for what they have NO control over...

Message 22 of 85
latest reply

Wow! Ebay should be happy to have so many white knights on this forum. I'm willing to bet they are all sellers.

I work in Law Enforcement, so I'm not used to repeating myself.

I  am a customer.

I am considered always right regardless of any and all retailer posts to the contrary.

I  am expressing disatisfaction with the current state of this business. I was even nice enough to pinpoint the problems.

I have dealt with the Post Office when they have beem at fault. In this case the seller waited 5 days to ship, from a southern state. If there was a problem, I expect a message about it. I've got stuff purchased at the same time in a few days.

Ebay can take note and make changes based on my feedback or be balmed by the soothing white night vibes.

I have already made several purchases outside of this business because of the lack ofvunderstanding in this thread.

Sorry to invade your world. As you can see by my post count I  don't often complain.

Message 23 of 85
latest reply

I buy more than I sell.  But even as a seller I'm not going to defend a seller who makes eBay look bad.  In fact I always say sellers defending other sellers should say something. Other sellers are our competition.  We aren't going to defend the bad ones.  

I'm pointing out the facts in your case the seller shipped in three business days.  The expedited shipping refers to the class of shipping only not handling time.  You can definitely blame eBay for removing being able to see handling time and for buy it nows requiring to be paid for immediately.  

Oh and a lot of businesses have done away with the customer is always right because they realized some of these customers cost them money instead of what the original goal was...which is good repeat customers 

“Birth certificates show that you were born. Death certificates show that you died. Photographs show that you have lived.” -Unknown
Message 24 of 85
latest reply

@thlaylie

There was so much in your posts I feel compelled to respond to,

that I am copying what you wrote, and adding my thoughts:

" expensive " is relative. it does not mean the seller " made " a profit of any significance.

I have to pay IMMEDIATELY

It is not a 'buy' until you 'pay'.

Is this the 'label date' or 'scan' date ? What is Seller's handling time on listing ?

Ebay says my item will Arrive April 26 today.

Where does it 'say' that ? Does it also say 'Guaranteed Delivery ?

As it should, Carrier 'updates' travel time based on 'optimal conditions'.

{ No storms, accidents, etc.}

I can't leave appropriate feedback,

You haven't yet GOTTEN the item, what would you be rating ?

because the stars are not anonymous

would you feel better if they WERE ?

If your 'feelings' are 'justified', why the need for anonyminity ?

and thus worthless for for actually rating a seller without drama. 

Drama ? Did the Seller interact with you in a 'dramatic' way ? {e.g. nasty messages}.

I assure you, bad ratings are most definitely NOT 'wortlhess'.

They can & do affect a Seller's ABILITY to support themselves, pay their fees, etc.

Bad ratings affect SEARCH so the items may be hidden' or 'demoted'

Now... THAT is funny... but, wait... not if you've never HAD to sell on eBay.

If you did 'have to-... you'd know that is so very, very far from accurate.

They ship when they ship, too, and, most don't have corporal punishment {feedback} enabled.

I also assume the price was LESS on eBay, or, maybe, you had an eBay Coupon, or eBay Bucks ?

If you are paid instantly, you should not take five days to ship.

Nobody is 'paid instantly'. PayPal holds the money, a day, or, sometimes, until delivered.

A Seller can take as long as their handling policy says to ship.

A Seller can ship sooner, but, it's not always possible.

Some Sellers have two or more jobs besides eBay, or, they are disabled.

Maybe they are far from a Post Office, etc., so, they choose a longer handling time.

Or, perhaps... your Seller... not a robot (yeah, they can break down)... but...

maybe your human Seller... got sick... or, somebody died... and your order, well...

life just messed up the best made plans.
The auction actually says, "Expedited Shipping." ("Expedited" means six days?!)

" Expedited " can be First Class Pkg, or, Priority, or other 2+ days Services.

Those are NOT 'Guaranteed' which costs more, and would be posted on the listing.

Now, I've had NY to PA Priority Mail get send the scenic way, taking 10 days !!!!!
Most items I buy ship within a day or two.

And, some... ship later... so... who 'dies' because of those extra days ?

Years ago, people bought Mail Order... it was 2-3 weeks.
Because of the current set up I'm surprised this doesn't happen more.

" What doesn't happen more ? "
I suggest penalties to the seller if they take over three days to ship.

What would you like: Beatings ? Claw Back of all monies ? Revocation of ability to sell ?

You are the judge & jury... suggest a punishment you feel is fair for the 'crime'.
In a perfect world it would be COD.

In a perfect world... buyers would not be so impatient... they would be more empathetic.
Or they could just continue as they are and I'll find an alternative to Ebay.

I am sure there are some reasons you do shop on eBay that you do not give credit for:

Buyer Protection ? Lower Prices ? eBay Bucks ? Coupons ?

Wow! Ebay should be happy to have so many white knights on this forum.

I'm willing to bet they are all sellers.

Sellers work these Boards for FREE... they get NOTHING for answering & helping here.

Ah... yes... and, in 'Law Enforcement'... do ALL of the other 'enforcers' work to YOUR 'standard' ?

And, if you are 'not used to repeating yourself'...

are you absolutely certain the person heard ? understood ? your 'order' ?

Are you ALWAYS 'perfect' in your 'job'... NEVER, ever, slipping up, not a bit ?

And, I bet you get a nice Salary, Benefits, Vacation for 'Law Enforcement'.

I work 7 days, I have NO benefits, no vacation since 1993...

If I don't SELL... I don't eat... If a 'buyer' returns something, they make me PAY to get it back...

they TAKE AWAY my money and I can't pay a bill thaty day / week.

Does ' Law Enforcing " take away your pay if YOU 'slip up' ? If somebody 'complains' ?

I am a customer.

So are Sellers... they are eBay's "customers"... and, YOU get treated much better than WE.

I am considered always right regardless of any and all retailer posts to the contrary.

THAT ^ is an 1800's motto... for a B&M store.

A 'customer' was someone who did REAPEAT business w/ that store.

There were RULES...

NO RETURNS w/o RECEIPT... Customer BRINGS it TO store, in SPECIFIED time frame.

Item was INSPECTED... SOME returns were DENIED.

Repeated 'abusers' were no longer considered 'right' or 'customer'.

They were 'unwelcome' & some warned to never darken the doorway.

I am expressing disatisfaction with the current state of this business.

I read every day 'dissatisfaction' with many aspects of our government...

INCLUDING 'law enforcement'... yet, little changes.

On eBay, the average person HAS the power to inflict great change, great harm to another.

I was even nice enough to pinpoint the problems.

You DID posty SOME facts, but, not all, e.g. the Seller's item page w/ handling time...

a very important fact.

I have dealt with the Post Office when they have beem at fault.

As have we... again... a whole lot of fallible hiuman beings, just like Sellers.

In this case the seller waited 5 days to ship, from a southern state.

What was the weather there ? Any accidents ?

If there was a problem, I expect a message about it.

Maybe there ISN'T a 'problem'... 

I've got stuff purchased at the same time in a few days.

Great !

Ebay can take note and make changes based on my feedback

eBay is a Corporation that exists to garner FEES paid BY SELLERS for using the Venue.

or be balmed by the soothing white night vibes.

Very poetic ! ^

I have already made several purchases outside of this business

As have we all...

because of the lack ofvunderstanding in this thread.

Unpaid volunteers attempt to respond to you, and ?

Sorry to invade your world.

Now... THERE's 'drama' ^

As you can see by my post count I don't often complain.

If one does complain... it should be about stuff worth the emotion:

e.g. when buying... item not received, wrong item received, broken item.

Don't 'sweat the small stuff'... you'll live long & prosper.

Shipping is not an entitlement, it's a convenience.
Convenience costs money.
Shipping ain't free.
All Customers have a need,
Some are more needy than others.
Message 25 of 85
latest reply

Now... THAT is funny... but, wait... not if you've never HAD to sell on eBay.

If you did 'have to-... you'd know that is so very, very far from accurate.

They ship when they ship, too, and, most don't have corporal punishment {feedback} enabled.

I also assume the price was LESS on eBay, or, maybe, you had an eBay Coupon, or eBay Bucks ?

If you are paid instantly, you should not take five days to ship.

Nobody is 'paid instantly'. PayPal holds the money, a day, or, sometimes, until delivered.

A Seller can take as long as their handling policy says to ship.

A Seller can ship sooner, but, it's not always possible.

Some Sellers have two or more jobs besides eBay, or, they are disabled.

Maybe they are far from a Post Office, etc., so, they choose a longer handling time.

Or, perhaps... your Seller... not a robot (yeah, they can break down)... but...

maybe your human Seller... got sick... or, somebody died... and your order, well...

life just messed up the best made plans.
The auction actually says, "Expedited Shipping." ("Expedited" means six days?!)

" Expedited " can be First Class Pkg, or, Priority, or other 2+ days Services.

Those are NOT 'Guaranteed' which costs more, and would be posted on the listing.

Now, I've had NY to PA Priority Mail get send the scenic way, taking 10 days !!!!!

Convenience costs money.
Shipping ain't free.
Message 26 of 85
latest reply

Most items I buy ship within a day or two.

And, some... ship later... so... who 'dies' because of those extra days ?

Years ago, people bought Mail Order... it was 2-3 weeks.
Because of the current set up I'm surprised this doesn't happen more.

" What doesn't happen more ? "
I suggest penalties to the seller if they take over three days to ship.

What would you like: Beatings ? Claw Back of all monies ? Revocation of ability to sell ?

You are the judge & jury... suggest a punishment you feel is fair for the 'crime'.
In a perfect world it would be COD.

In a perfect world... buyers would not be so impatient... they would be more empathetic.
Or they could just continue as they are and I'll find an alternative to Ebay.

I am sure there are some reasons you do shop on eBay that you do not give credit for:

Buyer Protection ? Lower Prices ? eBay Bucks ? Coupons ?

Wow! Ebay should be happy to have so many white knights on this forum.

I'm willing to bet they are all sellers.

Sellers work these Boards for FREE... they get NOTHING for answering & helping here.

Convenience costs money.
Shipping ain't free.
Message 27 of 85
latest reply

Ah... yes... and, in 'Law Enforcement'... do ALL of the other 'enforcers' work to YOUR 'standard' ?

And, if you are 'not used to repeating yourself'...

are you absolutely certain the person heard ? understood ? your 'order' ?

Are you ALWAYS 'perfect' in your 'job'... NEVER, ever, slipping up, not a bit ?

And, I bet you get a nice Salary, Benefits, Vacation for 'Law Enforcement'.

I work 7 days, I have NO benefits, no vacation since 1993...

If I don't SELL... I don't eat... If a 'buyer' returns something, they make me PAY to get it back...

they TAKE AWAY my money and I can't pay a bill thaty day / week.

Does ' Law Enforcing " take away your pay if YOU 'slip up' ? If somebody 'complains' ?

Convenience costs money.
Shipping ain't free.
Message 28 of 85
latest reply

I am a customer.

So are Sellers... they are eBay's "customers"... and, YOU get treated much better than WE.

THAT ^ is an 1800's motto... for a B&M store.

A 'customer' was someone who did REAPEAT business w/ that store.

There were RULES...

NO RETURNS w/o RECEIPT... Customer BRINGS it TO store, in SPECIFIED time frame.

Item was INSPECTED... SOME returns were DENIED.

Repeated 'abusers' were no longer considered 'right' or 'customer'.

They were 'unwelcome' & some warned to never darken the doorway.

I am expressing disatisfaction with the current state of this business.

I read every day 'dissatisfaction' with many aspects of our government...

INCLUDING 'law enforcement'... yet, little changes.

On eBay, the average person HAS the power to inflict great change, great harm to another.

I was even nice enough to pinpoint the problems.

You DID posty SOME facts, but, not all, e.g. the Seller's item page w/ handling time...

a very important fact.

Convenience costs money.
Shipping ain't free.
Message 29 of 85
latest reply

I have dealt with the Post Office when they have beem at fault.

As have we... again... a whole lot of fallible hiuman beings, just like Sellers.

In this case the seller waited 5 days to ship, from a southern state.

What was the weather there ? Any accidents ?

If there was a problem, I expect a message about it.

Maybe there ISN'T a 'problem'... 

I've got stuff purchased at the same time in a few days.

Great !

Ebay can take note and make changes based on my feedback

eBay is a Corporation that exists to garner FEES paid BY SELLERS for using the Venue.

or be balmed by the soothing white night vibes.

Very poetic ! ^

I have already made several purchases outside of this business

As have we all...

because of the lack ofvunderstanding in this thread.

Unpaid volunteers attempt to respond to you, and ?

Sorry to invade your world.

Now... THERE's 'drama' ^

As you can see by my post count I don't often complain.

If one does complain... it should be about stuff worth the emotion:

e.g. when buying... item not received, wrong item received, broken item.

Don't 'sweat the small stuff'... you'll live long & prosper.

Convenience costs money.
Shipping ain't free.
Message 30 of 85
latest reply