cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The seller paid for the return fees then opened a case to get it back!

Hello everyone,

I have been going through a lot if headaches with a seller, so I have ordred a product that wasn't as described the seller was so rude when contacted, I have returned the product the seller agreed to pay the shipping costs, he sent me the costs to my Paypal and after few hours he sent me this:

"i have lost 25 usd + my shipping cost to you, please remove your feedback, or i will dispute the paypal in 24 hours"

He did opened a case on Paypal today, what should I do please?

where can I contact ebay to resolve this issue ?

Message 1 of 57
latest reply
56 REPLIES 56

The seller had the intention to do what he did before sending me the shipping costs, because my feedback was posted two days before the return, and from my side I was going to remove my feedback without him asking because as long as I don't have the product anymore and I got my money back I don't see why I would keep my feedback (no harm was done) but the way he asked me to by threatening made wanting to keep my feedback even if I get my refund.

Message 31 of 57
latest reply

I have the right to write a honest feedback, the product was not working, the seller was rude, so what should I do?

Message 32 of 57
latest reply

This not the issue, the product is supposed to work on any part of the word, as it only require and usb port and an operating system, but this product didn't worked with the operating system the seller claims it's compatible with.

Message 33 of 57
latest reply

The seller already opened a case on paypal and wrote some ridiculous things to support it:

"Note from Tung Network Trading:

he buy a product from me, than he make a false claim saying item defect hoping i give him my item for free , but i still give him shippping feees by paypal stating everything settle , by doing this i can reduce scammer, but he leave a bad feedback to me after i send him paypal payment n, not as what we agreed , he is putting sand on my rice bowl , i need to cancel this payment to him so we can get back to the deal."

I would like to note that my feedback was posted two days before he sent me the shipping return fees.

Message 34 of 57
latest reply

@get-bestdeals wrote:

Hello everyone,

I have been going through a lot if headaches with a seller, so I have ordred a product that wasn't as described the seller was so rude when contacted, I have returned the product the seller agreed to pay the shipping costs, he sent me the costs to my Paypal and after few hours he sent me this:

"i have lost 25 usd + my shipping cost to you, please remove your feedback, or i will dispute the paypal in 24 hours"

He did opened a case on Paypal today, what should I do please?

where can I contact ebay to resolve this issue ?

@get-bestdeals,

To summarize the problem: the seller sent you funds through PayPal to pay for the return shipping. This was not associated with the payment for the original eBay purchase, it was a separate transaction. Now, because you left a bad feedback for the seller, he has started a PayPal dispute to try to get the money back.

That is an issue with PayPal. eBay has nothing to do with it, and it has nothing to do with the eBay return case, which I believe is still open, waiting for the package to be delivered back to the seller (or made available for the seller to get from the post office). eBay won't be able to help you with this, you have to deal with PayPal, but you should win the case, given the facts you stated.

As @mudshark61369 said earlier here and here, you just need to post the tracking number for the return to the case in PayPal. That will prove to PayPal that you fulfilled the transaction by returning the package to the seller, which was what he sent the money for. Once that happens, PayPal should close the case in your favor, and you will keep the money. The seller's explanation (here) for the PayPal dispute is not a valid reason to dispute the transaction anyway, but PayPal will probably let the dispute proceed according to the rules, rather than making a judgement.

In the separate eBay case, once the tracking shows that the package has been returned to the seller, or made available for him to pickup (attempted delivery) then eBay will consider that the item has been returned, and eBay will refund the purchase price to you.

As others have pointed out, you had already had issues with this seller, yet you continued to do business with him. Just because you can leave negative feedback, doesn't mean that you should. The seller was already being punished. You really should have expected that this was going to make your situation worse, yet you did it anyway.

Message 35 of 57
latest reply

The seller was so mean to me from the start, and as I stated my negative feedback was posted two days before returning the package, so if he was unhappy with my feedback he should just not accept the return, but he did accepted the return then wanted his money back.

I said here before that I have bought elven products from this seller in the past just one times I was unhappy but I didn't opened a case and kept the product.

The reason why I kept purchasing from him is because he is the only one on ebay who can send this product to my country.

Message 36 of 57
latest reply

Update:

Ebay removed the seller's feedback comment from my page but left his positive rating.

Message 37 of 57
latest reply

@get-bestdeals wrote:

The seller was so mean to me from the start, and as I stated my negative feedback was posted two days before returning the package, so if he was unhappy with my feedback he should just not accept the return, but he did accepted the return then wanted his money back.

Oh, I see. The seller was mean to you and hurt your feelings, so you decided to be as mean to him  as you could. You left him four negative feedbacks, and damaged or destroyed his business as much as you could.  Three of the negatives were for nine other items you bought in three separate transactions, that had nothing to do with the item that was not as described. You said you had purchased eleven items total, now you have left negative feedback for all but the first one, for which you had already given a positive.

I'm sorry, but no. That was not appropriate. It was not justified, it was vindictive and vengeful. That is not how adults do things. You need to stop trying to explain yourself, you are making yourself look worse every time.

Hopefully, the three incorrect negatives will be removed because they were left for different, unrelated transactions, which is abusive buying. Feedback is only supposed to be about the transaction that you are leaving feedback for.

Message 38 of 57
latest reply

@lacemaker3 

Yes I did left more negative feedbacks today where I do not recommend this seller, because I'm in a point where I see $121 being lost because of him, it's not a small amount, is it? it's a half month salary where I live.

Message 39 of 57
latest reply

@get-bestdeals

Now you are an abusive buyer, and are in danger of losing your ability to return items for a refund, or possibly to leave feedback at all, because you have abused it.

You said there is only one seller who will sell these things to your country, so now you are probably blocked and can't buy from them any more.

How does any of that help you? It doesn't.

You are going to win both disputes, on eBay and PayPal, when the package is returned to the seller, so you're not going to lose any money because of this.

Message 40 of 57
latest reply

@lacemaker3 

I'm just not going to buy from this seller anymore even if he doesn't block me, as some people said here I should have learned my lesson the first time I got an issue with him, but I didn't.

I already lost money from a previous purchase where he sent me non compatible product and I had to sell it for half the price.

if the case gets resolved I'm gonna remove all my feedbacks for sure.

Message 41 of 57
latest reply

@get-bestdeals wrote:

if the case gets resolved I'm gonna remove all my feedbacks for sure.

@get-bestdeals 

You won’t be able to remove all those feedbacks because eBay doesn’t give you a way to do that.  You will have to live with them … and will hurt you as much as you’ve hurt the seller.  [They probably will make future sellers you want to buy from afraid to sell to you.]

You started off by being wronged … but then made yourself look worse than the seller by leaving so many negatives.

Message 42 of 57
latest reply

Thank you for your reponse @house*of*paws 

All I did was making future buyers aware of what could happen to them with this seller.  I didn't knew that I won't be able to remove my feedbacks until I have read your comment. I'm sorry but it's $121 that this seller is trying to steal from me, and he is doing everything to make things harder for me, he could have handled my case better by just letting the return process go the way it should.

As for my Ebay account I will never use it again or buy from Ebay if my money get stolen.

Message 43 of 57
latest reply

I understand your frustration, but I'm afraid all your actions have done, is to get yourself placed on more sellers' BBL.  Any seller reading your feedback left for others is more than likely going to block you.

It's never a good idea to leave inflammatory feedback in the middle of a dispute. 

Message 44 of 57
latest reply

I'm I not allowed to write honest reviews? I have the right to. and I didn't wrote any false claims it's a seller that should be avoided.

Message 45 of 57
latest reply