cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The seller paid for the return fees then opened a case to get it back!

Hello everyone,

I have been going through a lot if headaches with a seller, so I have ordred a product that wasn't as described the seller was so rude when contacted, I have returned the product the seller agreed to pay the shipping costs, he sent me the costs to my Paypal and after few hours he sent me this:

"i have lost 25 usd + my shipping cost to you, please remove your feedback, or i will dispute the paypal in 24 hours"

He did opened a case on Paypal today, what should I do please?

where can I contact ebay to resolve this issue ?

Message 1 of 57
latest reply
56 REPLIES 56

Re: The seller paid for the return fees then opened a case to get it back!

I meant to say the seller was using an E-mail as a demand-not feedback! Still he used the E-mail to you with demands. Save all your E-mails from him as proof!

Message 16 of 57
latest reply

For your knowledge going forward, with a Money Back Guarantee case eBay requires sellers who can't provide a label to send the buyer funds to ship the return upfront. If they don't, you ask eBay to step in and they'll refund you without requiring the item be returned. It's never necessary to pay for a return and hope the seller reimburses you.

Message 17 of 57
latest reply

Thank you so much, and sorry for what are going through too

Message 18 of 57
latest reply

Hello @kathiec 

Thank you for the information, well at first I tusted the seller and as he was asking for my Paypal, i thought he was honest, so to not charge him any cent more than the shipping will cost, I waited until I have got the receipt then sent it to him, and he indeed sent me the shipping costs. but I don't know what got into him to starting making threats and opening a case against me on Paypal.

Please guide me if there is a way to get in touch with Ebay to get my refund I will be so gratefull, as now I don't have the product anymore, the money is still with the seller, and the return shipping costs are blocked on Paypal.

Message 19 of 57
latest reply

Unfortunately eBay has no mechanism for forcing a seller to pay shipping cost after the fact. If the seller is successful in getting the return shipping payment reversed all you can do is chalk this one up to experience.

Message 20 of 57
latest reply

Well you left the seller negative feedback what would you expect?

Message 21 of 57
latest reply

but the seller is being so harassing and making threats on the Ebay messages and feedbacks, does ebay have no control over it's platform? what if the seller refuse to pick the returned package? will I just lose my money? I paid $ 92.5 for this order I can't just let it go because I have done nothing wrong to go through all this, all I'm asking for is Ebay to look into what's happening and do the necessary actions, I use Ebay because I trust my money with them, now here is my $ 95.5 + $ 25.5 blocked because of a bad seller and also because Ebay is not providing direct ways to talk to it's support.

Message 22 of 57
latest reply

I was reading some posts here besides yours and someone else here is also having the same problem with the same seller which they posted about this seller.

Message 23 of 57
latest reply

@get-bestdeals wrote:

but the seller is being so harassing and making threats on the Ebay messages and feedbacks, does ebay have no control over it's platform? what if the seller refuse to pick the returned package? will I just lose my money? I paid $ 92.5 for this order I can't just let it go because I have done nothing wrong to go through all this, all I'm asking for is Ebay to look into what's happening and do the necessary actions, I use Ebay because I trust my money with them, now here is my $ 95.5 + $ 25.5 blocked because of a bad seller and also because Ebay is not providing direct ways to talk to it's support.

Did you return the package with tracking? All you have to do is enter the tracking number in your eBay case. Once it shows delivered or refused the total amount of the initial transaction will be refunded. Beyond that there's nothing eBay can do. They have no control over what a seller does on Paypal and no way to force a seller to refund after the fact.

Message 24 of 57
latest reply

The OP is a international  buyer  from  Morocco  and the seller is  international  in Malaysia  and  bought Chinese  tech goods that don't work in his or her country  .   this Seem's to be issue .

Message 25 of 57
latest reply

@carlmarxx wrote:

The OP is a international  buyer  from  Morocco  and the seller is  international  in Malaysia  and  bought Chinese  tech goods that don't work in his or her country  .   this Seem's to be issue .

That may be the underlying issue, but we already determined that. The issue that brought the OP here is that the seller is threatening to put a hold on their repayment of return shipping fees. The reason for the return or location of the parties is immaterial at this point.

Message 26 of 57
latest reply

Paypal usually demands that the buyer pay return shipping in a Not As Described dispute.

At this point, I would suggest that you open an NAD with PP giving the tracking number for the returned item.

PP should (fingers crossed) refund your original payment, since you have now followed their system, albeit in a slightly wonky way.

You can still leave your FB on eBay.

You can if you wish add a Response to your eBay FB.

"Seller paid for return shipping, then demanded the return shipping payment be refunded after I had shipped."

Don't mention claims  or PP in your FB or Response.

You have 60 days to leave FB after a transaction.  It is a good idea to fully complete the transaction before leaving it.

To the best of my knowledge, there is no time limit on Responses.

Get your money back.

Then think about what you want to say.

The most effective FB or Response is calm and factual.

You can also go to the credit card you back your PP account with and open a chargeback for Not As Described if the PP claim doesn't work out.

Message 27 of 57
latest reply

If you often need to buy from the USA it may be worth your while to find a Freight Forwarder in Delaware or Florida who ships to Morocco.

They accept the product at their US address (and that is considered Delivered under the Money Back Guarantee).

Many will handle customs and sales taxes before forwarding your purchases, for a fee.

Then they ship to you with tracking.

You can still make a Not As Described (NAD) claim, but the seller is only required to send a Return Shipping Label to your forwarder. Getting him to accept the returned item and use the RSL can be a problem.

But.

The usual problem buyers have is that sellers will not ship internationally and the forwarder takes care of that.

The usual problem buyers have is not

Message 28 of 57
latest reply

@reallynicestamps wrote:

Paypal usually demands that the buyer pay return shipping in a Not As Described dispute.

At this point, I would suggest that you open an NAD with PP giving the tracking number for the returned item.

PP should (fingers crossed) refund your original payment, since you have now followed their system, albeit in a slightly wonky way.

You can still leave your FB on eBay.

You can if you wish add a Response to your eBay FB.

"Seller paid for return shipping, then demanded the return shipping payment be refunded after I had shipped."

Don't mention claims  or PP in your FB or Response.

You have 60 days to leave FB after a transaction.  It is a good idea to fully complete the transaction before leaving it.

To the best of my knowledge, there is no time limit on Responses.

Get your money back.

Then think about what you want to say.

The most effective FB or Response is calm and factual.

You can also go to the credit card you back your PP account with and open a chargeback for Not As Described if the PP claim doesn't work out.

OP has an open case with eBay, which is apparently just waiting for a tracking number showing delivery to issue a refund. Opening a Paypal case will cause the eBay case to close and put the OP back at square one. And the OP has already left the seller feedback. That's why the seller is threatening to recall the Paypal payment of return postage.

Message 29 of 57
latest reply

@reallynicestamps wrote:

If you often need to buy from the USA it may be worth your while to find a Freight Forwarder in Delaware or Florida who ships to Morocco.

The OP's seller is located in Singapore. 

albertabrightalberta
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 30 of 57
latest reply