cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The seller canceled my order but has not refunded my money

What is wrong with this company? I placed an order last night and 5 minutes after I placed my order and paid with my paypal balance, I get an email directly from newegg telling me they canceled my order "due to verification issues". What verification issues? I paid them with my paypal balance and my shipping address is confirmed. That's it! there shouldn't be any further verification. Your job is to ship the item to the confirmed address. I contacted newegg via ebay messenger and they replied telling me that they did in fact cancel my order. However, eBay shows the order as open and paid for. So where is my money? It seems that they canceled an external order their system creates when eBay orders are placed. They did not actually cancel the eBay order. I keep emailing them to refund me my money but keep getting silly replies from customer service ignoring my request for a refund. Unreal!

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Re: The seller canceled my order but has not refunded my money

Your saying you purchased on ebay but received a notice from Newegg?  You have to wait until the last expected delivery date has passed by. If the refund or item has not arrived, file an item not received case. Do that in the resolution center. Link at bottom of page.  Your seller is not supposed to pass off orders to other sellers like that

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

Yes, I purchased from newegg on ebay but the cancellation email came directly from newegg.com with it's own order number. Strange, but newegg on ebay confirmed that my order has been canceled.

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

@things-n-oddities wrote:

I paid them with my paypal balance and my shipping address is confirmed.

Does you address look like a freight forwarder? Newegg cancels orders to freight forwarders and others on their blacklist, then delays and delays the refund.

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

Nope. Regular residential address located in SoCal.

Looking at their negative feedback, there are quiet a few people who are in the same situation as me. Orders cancelled minutes after they were placed. I have never had a problem placing orders directly on newegg.com. Seems like their way of doing business on eBay is completely different.

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

I paid them with my paypal balance

I keep emailing them to refund me my money but keep getting silly replies from customer service ignoring my request for a refund. Unreal!

Newegg has already struck you an irreversible blow, 2. you're stalled from INR until after the latest estimated delivery date, and 3. they won't cancel and refund.

Instead, open a dispute here at PayPal right now for Item Not Received, then go back and immediately click the Escalate to PayPal link second from the bottom. And don't close the case, just wait for your refund.

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

Just got another email from newegg telling me I have to wait 3-5 days for a refund. This is ridiculous. Why are they hanging onto my money when they can easily refund my money at any given moment.

Should I file for item not received right now anyways, even though the latest delivery date is Friday 26th?

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

Should I file for item not received right now anyways, even though the latest delivery date is Friday 26th?

This is the timeline for your INR at eBay.

- Your order was canceled; no tracking number.

- Start the refund request in 5 days, on Sat Jun 27.

- eBay considers Sat, Sun, and Mon as Day 0, yup, all 3 are Day 0.

- Tue, Wed, Thu are the 3 business days, Fri is a public holiday.

- If Newegg does not refund during those business days,

- eBay will refund on Mon, 2 weeks from today.

Message 8 of 8
latest reply