cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The item you are trying to purchase is not available for purchase in your location.

I have been using eBay for ten years. I have more than 150 positive feedbacks on my account. I am living outside of US. I am using freight forward service to ship item to my home country. So, delivery address is US. The last 3 month I am facing a problem while trying to buy a smart watch. However, I can buy items like airpods, clothes, car details etc. without any restriction. I have tried to buy smart watch at least from 20 different sellers. Every time I get message – “The item you are trying to purchase is not available for purchase in your location. You cannot buy this item”. Until 2024 there were no problem in buying smart watches at all. What have been changed? What can be a reason for restriction in smart watches?

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Re: The item you are trying to purchase is not available for purchase in your location.

@turksadi,

That has nothing to do with how many feedback you have, or that you get items shipped to a freight forwarder in the U. S..  Somehow ebay knows what your actual location is and that your country is probably blocking the import of smart watches at present. That is why you are getting the notification.

If you are trying to buy Apple series 9 or Ultra watches. The international Trade Commission has banned their sale because of a patent infringement case, against Apple.

"THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS FOOLPROOF, BECAUSE FOOLS ARE SO DARNED INGENIOUS!" (unknown)
Message 2 of 5
latest reply

Re: The item you are trying to purchase is not available for purchase in your location.

Could it be the feedback left causing issue with certain sellers, if you are trying to purchase from them again? Probably not due to the location mention, but past sellers might have you blocked (I've never seen feedback quite like that)?

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

@stumcneil,

If a seller blocked the OP there would be a different message they receive when they try to buy the item saying something like "This seller is not allowing you to buy from them".  Good Catch though.

"THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS FOOLPROOF, BECAUSE FOOLS ARE SO DARNED INGENIOUS!" (unknown)
Message 4 of 5
latest reply

It's a little surprising that you're still shopping on eBay, since you've had so many negative experiences here per the FB you have left.  

When you receive an item that's not as described, do you not use the MBG to be refunded?

Message 5 of 5
latest reply