cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Temporary buing restriction of old user without any bids

Hi all! I got this message when I try to buy any thing on ebay:

You’ve reached a temporary buying restriction.

You can only buy items where you can pay immediately at checkout. To continue, find an item with an immediate payment method and click on the “Add to Cart” button in the listing."

I checked all previous answers and discover. I have enough history and don't have any unpaid bids. 

Do you know support e-mail address or any other ways to help me?

Message 1 of 10
latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

Re: Temporary buing restriction of old user without any bids

Do you have any active bids still open ?

Message 2 of 10
latest reply

No, never make any bids

Message 3 of 10
latest reply

There are numerous reasons why eBay may put a restriction on someone's site activity. For the time being you will need to stick with fixed price listings.

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 4 of 10
latest reply

Since the introduction of Managed Payments for sellers, eBay seems to have found out they can prevent account hijacking.

I suspect reviving your disused account has prompted the bots to react to similar programming.

Perhaps the purchase was much more expensive than most of your previous purchases? Or you have moved house? Or it could be just that time has passed and eBay is protecting your account/ its pocketbook.

Also eBay has introduced AutoPay on auctions, which does not allow bidding without a method of payment being confirmed.  So there's that.

It's not personal anyway.

Welcome back and happy shopping.

Message 5 of 10
latest reply

@sialogbob,

The reply written by @reallynicestamps , might have been the reason for the buying limit, but you have more or less been buying steadily since you joined ebay in 2022.  In looking at your feedback profile page, I see you are registered in Portugal. If you signed up to use ebay from one of their European based sites Spain (ebay.com.es) Germany (ebay.de) U.K. (ebay.co.uk) ...  You should sign into that site and post your issue on its Community.  There may be limits on that site, we do not have here in the U.S. 

If you have been bidding on several auctions and are waiting to pay for them all at once, the total amount of your bids on the auctions, may have triggered the limit.  You should pay for some of them now.

"THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS FOOLPROOF, BECAUSE FOOLS ARE SO DARNED INGENIOUS!" (unknown)
Message 6 of 10
latest reply

Thanks a lot for all! I have solved the problem through support team. They checked my account and confirmed that everything is ok!

Message 7 of 10
latest reply

Good news!

Are you willing to share the problem and solution for the benefit of members with similar questions?
@sialogbob 

Message 8 of 10
latest reply

So I just send to technical support a message, asking them to check my account, because I didn’t see any reasons to be blocked. I have received:

Thank you for writing to eBay Customer Service about bidding limitation in your account. My name is XXXX and I will be happy to assist you.  

First of all, we truly value your partnership and appreciate your long term association with eBay. I have checked your account and after verification, I am glad to inform that I have removed the bidding limitation. You can now use all the functions of your eBay account to the full extent. We regret the inconvenience caused.

I would like to inform that, your account had a buying block; this is placed by the system to ensure that eBay remains a safe marketplace, as we want member account to be verified before making purchase/listing on eBay.

Message 9 of 10
latest reply

never make any bids

Message 10 of 10
latest reply