cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Suggestions needed for likely scammer

Bought an expensive item and tracking showed delivered in mailbox but not found. I have informed delivery and there is 0 package coming in. Called USPS, they confirmed the receiving address is completely different. For security reason, they can not tell me the original address or send me an email to confirm this. It seems I have to wait for another week before I can ask ebay to step in. Any other suggestions to make my case? Thanks.

Message 1 of 12
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Good (updated) instructions for dealing with false tracking can be found in this thread:

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Buying/Item-Not-Received-Tracking-Says-Delivered-FedEX-Buyer-What-Now/...

View Best Answer in original post

Message 5 of 12
latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

qeqo_0
Thrill-Seeker

@su-dsto-ethgj40 wrote:

For security reason, they can not tell me the original address or send me an email to confirm this.

It seems I have to wait for another week before I can ask ebay to step in. Any other suggestions to make my case? Thanks. 

1x Yes @su-dsto-ethgj40 after you lose your case because tracking shows delivered, get blocked from leaving feedback, and the case closes without a refund

2x Appeal the case with the proof that USPS won't provide, and after you lose that appeal within a few minutes because no one read your explanation

3x See if you can start a return request for the Missing parts or pieces reason (because you didn't get anything) to keep trying to get a refund.

How did you get your refund last time the signature was a line?

Message 2 of 12
latest reply

You don't need the actual address it was delivered to .   You just need a document from the carrier that the item with that tracking number  was NOT delivered to [your shipping address you gave when checking out].

Message 3 of 12
latest reply

I got the item last time, it was signed by the postman...

Message 4 of 12
latest reply

Good (updated) instructions for dealing with false tracking can be found in this thread:

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Buying/Item-Not-Received-Tracking-Says-Delivered-FedEX-Buyer-What-Now/...

Message 5 of 12
latest reply

Thanks, I will give it a shot

Message 6 of 12
latest reply

You are welcome. Good luck!

Message 7 of 12
latest reply

update: the clerk gave me the detailed tracking report including the mailing address and item weight. Totally different address and too light for the item. I think I got him. Thanks again for all the suggestions.

Message 8 of 12
latest reply

Don't believe you have actually "got him" until you present that evidence to eBay.

Best of luck!

Message 9 of 12
latest reply

Final Update: eBay sided with scammer twice. Had to go through paypal to get my money back. Have been a long time customer but no more. Both agents didn't even read the request or appeal or evidence at all, then why do you ask us to provide any details? Money back guarantee is a joke.

Message 10 of 12
latest reply

It might help if all sellers were required to purchase labels on the website. They could possibly tamper with that label though as well, but it would be fairly obvious if they did that. I am surprised that ebay did not look into your info. You absolutely would have to have to have  had an official price of info from the carrier to show to them in an appeal. 

Message 11 of 12
latest reply

I did upload the USPS intranet tracking report in the appeal. The same evidence is shown to paypal and they sided with me immediately.

Message 12 of 12
latest reply