cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Squaretrade doesn’t want to honor my warranty

Buy refurbished iPhone 11 Pro Max 512 from eBay in less than a year and when I update a new firmware all my camera stop working. And when I file a claim with squaretrade it got accept at first and later when it time to upload the claim the status show completed. And I called in their customer service number they ask me to submit all documents back and forth and claim they couldn’t locate the insurance and seem like they don’t want to pay since I got high ticket on repair bill 599. Maybe all squaretrade deal is just a SPRAY PAINT COATED in stead of SUGAR 

Message 1 of 14
latest reply
13 REPLIES 13

@congratulationn,

Your issue has nothing to do with ebay.  Square trade is a separate company and has their own policies.  If you are having problems locating your square trade policy, it should have been sent to you when you paid for it.  It has been a long time since I bought one, but if I remember correctly I had to complete the policy online.  I think by going to a phone number or a link that was in the feedback I received. 

"THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS FOOLPROOF, BECAUSE FOOLS ARE SO DARNED INGENIOUS!" (unknown)
Message 2 of 14
latest reply

squaretradeus always leaves feedback when you purchase a squaretrade warranty. You don't have feedback from them.  

Message 3 of 14
latest reply

thanks for your reply I know it’s not eBay fault and I refer to this warranty from eBay https://pages.ebay.com/refurbishedprogramwarranty/index.html

and since the squaretrade doesn’t want to help or payout and eBay can’t do anything to help its customers when this problem hit it’s meaningless to have any hope on this warranty. That’s why I compare the insurance by eBay as spay painted coat on apple- just to look good on paper

Message 4 of 14
latest reply

I didn’t buy but it’s include with all eBay refurbished order https://pages.ebay.com/refurbishedprogramwarranty/index.html

Message 5 of 14
latest reply

@congratulationn,

I believe that when you made the purchase, even though the coverage is included you still have to go through a registration process shortly after making the purchase. A link to the registration should have been sent to the email you use for ebay.

"THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS FOOLPROOF, BECAUSE FOOLS ARE SO DARNED INGENIOUS!" (unknown)
Message 6 of 14
latest reply

no you don’t have to do anything when u log into square trade everything refurbished you purchased is list in there. But squaretrade seem like don’t want to pay for high ticket price of repair. And I do see my iPhone purchase in there but the status is complete (I can’t upload my repair receipt) and they want me to resubmit the documents again while they have all the info there and after I give all info I have then they deny it said insufficient documents  and there is no ebay help on the case since they are the one who pay for the insurance. Well I just want to share my experiences so eBay may see the loophole and fix as well as inform other buyer who is fully trust the insurance from refurbished like myself. 

Message 7 of 14
latest reply

@mudshark61369 wrote:

@congratulationn,

I believe that when you made the purchase, even though the coverage is included you still have to go through a registration process shortly after making the purchase. A link to the registration should have been sent to the email you use for ebay.

@congratulationn @mudshark61369 - there is no mention of a separate registration process for eBay refurbished warranties, it appears they are handled differently than Squaretrade warranties that are purchased separately in conjunction with an item purchase - at least that's what eBay's FAQ says.

If you need to file a claim, contact Allstate directly and be prepared with the following: item receipt including order number, order confirmation email showing the eBay Refurbished badge and a link to the original listing.

2022-02-04_8-07-03.jpg

Message 8 of 14
latest reply

@congratulationn wrote:

in less than a year

my camera stop working.

they ask me to submit all documents back and forth and claim they couldn’t locate the [...]

If you need to file a claim, contact Allstate directly and be prepared with the following:
- a link to the original listing.

It seems, like many of us here, Allstate doesn't know how eBay works.

Message 9 of 14
latest reply

That happens a lot with after market warranties.  They seldom cover high priced repairs.  Many just say the item is worn out from normal use and that is not covered.   There is always risk in firmware updates.  Bricked computer mother boards were common at one time.  That has been improved on a bit. They have better recovery built in now.

Message 10 of 14
latest reply

it has everything to do with eBay as its sold as a add on on eBay, pardon but my credentials are in fraud investigations and considering this could be a fraud its every persons right to leave a trail for others to see to discern them from getting caught up in potential scam. i have been paid time and time again by these insurance companies to find flaw for them not to pay out and majority of the time they try to stress us out to look for nothing some agents attempt to get us to lie or forge so yes it has every right here to exist for others to sea . although i would recommend a bbb complaint to resolve it better

Message 11 of 14
latest reply

n correct its registered the second he purchased it its just he has to tie the receipt and make an account or log the info to smooth out the claim process 

Message 12 of 14
latest reply

Ancient thread from 2/2022 any information in this thread is likely out dated. 

Message 13 of 14
latest reply

Hi everyone,

Due to the age of this thread, it has been closed to further replies. Please feel free to start a new thread if you wish to continue to discuss this topic.

Thank you for understanding.

Message 14 of 14
latest reply