cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shipping the wrong label that I payed for

I just bought something from ebay on February 20 2020 and I pay for USPS First class shipping, instead I got media shipping. As a seller I know that this is not first class shipping so I want  to either a refund or reduce cost because USPS Media shipping is lower in price than First class shipping. Please help

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Re: Shipping the wrong label that I payed for

let it go

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

You purchased something and was charged for First Class Shipping, yes?

So after you purchased it, now you want a refund because it could have been sent by Media Mail, yes?

If when you purchased the item it said First Class Mail but it was sent by the cheaper Media Mail then I can understand you wanting a refund and you could ask the seller for a partial refund and I would agree with you.

However if they sent it by the service you paid for (First Class Mail) then you do not have a good reason to ask for the refund.  You should have discussed the shipping arrangements and asked for a cheaper option before you purchased the item.

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

@cperez489 wrote:

I just bought something from ebay on February 20 2020 and I pay for USPS First class shipping, instead I got media shipping. As a seller I know that this is not first class shipping so I want  to either a refund or reduce cost because USPS Media shipping is lower in price than First class shipping. Please help

Sellers are not allowed to change the shipping method for a lesser service, i.e. one that charges less but also takes more time for delivery. You should message the seller and point out the listing stated first class shipping so why does the tracking show media mail. Ask them for a refund for the difference, which will be minimal most likely. 

If seller refuses to refund difference you can always leave appropriate feedback. Just make sure your feedback follows the protocols so that the seller doesn't get it removed. No name calling and don't write beware of seller or use all caps. Just state the truth and be done with this. Seller changed shipping method after payment- that says it all right there. Best of luck to you....

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

@cperez489,

Before leaving any feedback, if the info about the Media Mail shipping service is what was showing in your Order details or from the tracking number given in the purchase history, copy and paste it the the USPS tracking site, and select the product details from the drop down on that site.  Last December I shipped an item via Priority Mail, but In the order details it showed Parcel Select.  Ebay's info comes through a 3rd party site, not direct from the USPS.

If this is about the DVD lot you recently bought, this could be an honest mistake on the seller's part.  They are not very experienced as a seller, and have not sold anything in over a year before that listing. (check their feedback profile As a seller) If they used an older template to sell from they may not have realized that 1st Class packages has a retail weight limit of 13oz. now.   They also seem to be guestimating shipping costs, and are charging a flat rate. 

I would contact the seller about the shipping service change and see what they say before leaving feedback.

"THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS FOOLPROOF, BECAUSE FOOLS ARE SO DARNED INGENIOUS!" (unknown)
Message 5 of 5
latest reply