cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shipping Cost DSR Rating Grayed-out even though I Paid Shipping

Several times when leaving feedback for a seller, the DSR for Shipping Costs is missing, as if I got free shipping, but I didn't, I paid shipping costs.  Why is Ebay giving some sellers 5-stars for shipping costs automatically, even when it is not "free shipping"?

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

I got 5 stars for shipping. I think its when you use calculated shipping and print labels from ebay.

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

@badgesareus,

I think ebay started graying out shipping cost, when the seller used calculated shipping prints a label through ebay/paypal, and does not charge a handling fee.  They have finally realized sellers have no control over the cost to ship items. 

"THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS FOOLPROOF, BECAUSE FOOLS ARE SO DARNED INGENIOUS!" (unknown)
Message 3 of 5
latest reply

@mudshark61369 wrote:

@badgesareus,

I think ebay started graying out shipping cost, when the seller used calculated shipping prints a label through ebay/paypal, and does not charge a handling fee.  They have finally realized sellers have no control over the cost to ship items. 

Nope. This is incorrect. The DSRs are simply, in typical eBay fashion, glitchy. Sometimes you can’t rate the sellers communication even though there was communication. 

One life is all we have to live
Love is all we have to give

**Formerly known as MissJen316**
Message 4 of 5
latest reply

I'm buying stamps, so they are sent in a normal envelope with stamps for postage, no ebay shipping labels involved.

Message 5 of 5
latest reply