cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sellers price gouging with Toilet Paper

Can someone tell me how to Report an Item?  I just went on Ebay again and I am still seeing Sellers price gouging on Toilet Paper.  One in particular had the nerve to put an American Flag in their picture with the Toilet Paper and was asking 129.36 for 36 rolls of Toilet Paper.  Are you serious???  How can you call yourself an American when you are taking advantage of your fellow Americans by making a profit from their fears?  I just don't understand this.  If you have Toilet Paper to sell then you have Toilet Paper to help your neighbor who may not have any.  This is just so wrong and with every listing I saw I just kept getting madder and madder.  SHAME ON YOU!!!!  I really hope Ebay is swift in taking down these listings because it just has to stop!!!!!!

Message 1 of 43
latest reply
42 REPLIES 42

Re: Sellers price gouging with Toilet Paper

That's against eBay policy. "Easy" is forbidden...
Message 16 of 43
latest reply

Since Ebay hasn't put an end to this price gouging I contacted CNN about it and in protest removed

all of my listings. This is dispicable & Ebay also profits from it as they receive a percentage of the

sellers sale. I have reported numerous TP sellers however there are many and it will get worse until

Ebay removes all toilet paper sales. We shouldn't have to be toilet paper cops because Ebay is not

abiding by the price gouging laws! Ebay get busy & end the TP shortage in stores now!

Message 17 of 43
latest reply

My understanding now is if you have a garage full of TP etc expect a knock on your door from the local Police. Wish I was there when that happens.

Message 18 of 43
latest reply

I've reported dozens and dozens of these criminal price gougers -- and the listings are still there.  Ebay is either doing absolutely nothing about any of this, or their efforts are so weak they might as well be doing nothing.  

Message 19 of 43
latest reply

I have reported dozens of them myself and I am still seeing these listings.  Ebay has got to put a stop to it now!!!  How hard can it be to take down a post?  Have you noticed that a lot of these Sellers have a really low number of sales?  This tells me that they opened an account to sell on Ebay for the sole purpose of gouging the American people.  Not only should their item be taken down but they should also be banned from selling on Ebay ever again!!  Come on Ebay please put a STOP to this NOW!!!!!

Message 20 of 43
latest reply

Very well said!!!  I appreciate you and we have got to have each other's back not stab each other in the back!!!!!

Message 21 of 43
latest reply

The worst part about it is that these jerks are contributing to the store shelves being emptied. I wouldn't doubt for a minute that some of them operate like organized gangs. Can't prove it, though. Ebay has got to step up and end this nonsense.
Message 22 of 43
latest reply

tadonald
Adventurer

I just saw that ebay has just posted a brief on Google search about price gouging, telling people not to do it ( big whoop), I'm posting the page from Google, if you read it and at the bottom it says "was this page helpful" give it a thumbs down and it will let you email customer service, I don't know if it will help. I also saw US Attorney General Barr telling businesses that if they price gouge ( ebay is allowing it) they will prosecute, I hope eBay gets the message. 

Message 23 of 43
latest reply

I absolutely agree. eBay is profiting off of this as well, so they’re not inclined to stop it. It’s be easy for them to simply filter toilet paper ads. This is hyperinflating the costs, and the sellers keep going to store to buy out stores to force people to buy online. I’ve seen a family of 6 get out of an SUV and go into Walmart to get 12 packs of 96 rolls of toilet paper as it came off the shipment truck. Disgusting. Since eBay refuses to do anything, I absolutely believe these people should be reported to state AG offices. It’s not all new sellers either, it’s established sellers trying to take advantage. 

Message 24 of 43
latest reply

I noticed that too.  When you go to their listing, under the price, it says Longtime Member and I'm thinking WHAT???  I keep seeing these listings, when they should have already been taken down, so I am beginning to think that Ebay does not want to take them down because that is more money in their pocket.  I have been a member of Ebay for 6 years now and I have a 100% positive rating.  And in NO WAY am I bragging on myself or anything like that.  The point I am trying to make is that I treat people the way I want to be treated.  That's how I was raised.  I still say please and thank you.  I let people know that I appreciate them.  And now is the time for Ebay to show their loyal members (and new ones too) that they appreciate them and will not allow these Sellers to take advantage of them.

Message 25 of 43
latest reply

I’ve reported many sellers for selling TP. Ebay has done nothing!!!! Also they are starting bids low to override the system and charging astronomical shipping fees. These items must be banned during this time and hope sellers choke on it
Message 26 of 43
latest reply

They send their entire family out to buy toilet paper and then sell it for a ton of money here. I wish customers would just stop buying. These people need kicked off Ebay forever.
Message 27 of 43
latest reply

"...expect a knock on your door from the local Police. Wish I was there when that happens..."...why?  some people like to buy everything in bulk ..:-)

Message 28 of 43
latest reply

"...I've reported dozens and dozens of these criminal price gougers .."..never could understand why people reporting  gouging...no one forces buyers to buy...gouging exists due to buyers that willing to pay astronomical prices...

Message 29 of 43
latest reply

@msha3839 wrote:

"...I've reported dozens and dozens of these criminal price gougers .."..never could understand why people reporting  gouging...no one forces buyers to buy...gouging exists due to buyers that willing to pay astronomical prices...

@msha3839,

Well put, and the truth is there is no shortage of TP, but a shortage of transportation space.  No one expected the shelves to be emptied of TP in just 2 days across the nation.  Most looking to buy now are doing so errneously  thinking TP production has been halted.  I went to the local WM at about 1pm today and the shelves were about 25% full whereas last week they were empty. 

Now most retailers have placed a strict 1 package limit on TP purchases.

In the meantime our kids have set up a lemonade style  TP stand with limited contact using a small box on a stick to exchange money and product. 

IMG_5207.JPG

"THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS FOOLPROOF, BECAUSE FOOLS ARE SO DARNED INGENIOUS!" (unknown)
Message 30 of 43
latest reply