cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sellers overcharging on shipping.

When I became to be an eBay buyer, sellers used to tell me that they paid for shipping. I believed all that because I didn't know how eBay works, but it is more than obvious that if you are the buyer, you pay as anywhere else for shipping at least if the seller has listed that the shipping is on his, her, which I don't think that will happen because on free shipping you can tell that the shipping is on the price already listed. Ofcousrese is good to get fin free shipping! Who can complain? 

Now that I know how the shipping works, sellers are listing Expedited or Priority shipping, no more options. Those shipping services are the most expensive ones and more if you are not rushing or in a hurry, why to pay an extreme amount for shipping when sometimes items do not really weight that much or the shipping just to be nice, could be better, but now sellers have told me that they have a situation or that they have to pay for the material and other excuses when I think that items should have at its prices already all that. 

I got to the point that I ask sellers to please to change the shipping service, a lot have been very nice and helpful as understandable, but SOME, have gotten angry and mean and want me to understand that they have to get part of the shipping or simply they say no, and I stay really confused with the no answer when I know because it is obvious that the item, for example, I want to buy or bid on is not even weighing 14oz. 

Again and more clear:

Items have to get at its prices the cost of everything the sellers want to get, I mean, isn't that logical? 

But, who will stop that? 

I don't think eBay will stop that because I think in my personal opinion, that they have a lot of complains every day that it's hard to concentrate on each thing we individually want to resolve. I feel for eBay C.S. representatives, dealing with thousands of people all the time, has to be hard. 

I accept suggestions because I'm really stopping buying like I was all happy because I got annoyed with this sellers shipping situation even though there are a lot of nice sellers. 

Message 1 of 83
latest reply
82 REPLIES 82

Re: Sellers overcharging on shipping.

Not all sellers have shipping options which is a shame, and I want to buy item in whatever place I want to, so I don't see the point to recommend me to buy local where you know very well that a lot of items can't be found at regular stores or flea markets or etc.
Message 76 of 83
latest reply

The answer shouldn't be simply don't buy! When we are here in a community, in the eBay community, when is all about to help each other, but apparently the only ones here so far who answered my concern were or are seller, so always a no honest seller will be angry or say something not nice.

I will not post anything else here on the community page because people get like in social media, angry, offensive, disgusting. I see a lot of comments of peoples' posts in social media and they are bad, there is no way to have a peaceful posts for anybody without getting offended or getting a bully.

When the person gets angry, offended or starts saying ridiculous things is because is taking the things personal and in this case on eBay it means that is a seller coming after me or somebody else, when I know now all about selling and shipping costs. It is sad not having truthful people commenting with reasonable thoughts or interesting things to say.

I understood about the free shipping but about simply don't buy it, is my own decision to do that, I never asked you for your suggestion.

God bless you and everybody else who is online and in social media getting offended and trying to hurt others when nobody is offending anybody at all, is like people like to waste their time more in offending and hurting and arguing instead of live their lives and waste their valuable times in something real valuable.
Message 77 of 83
latest reply

Yes, I wasn't understanding a lot of things even if i bought already a lot of items at the time you were to sneak my profile. You poor thing, I don't know what is your problem. You are very confusing, you write sarcastic things and then you write something from the Bible. Don't do that, don't involve God in your things towards others when you are writing sarcastically things instead of asking questions and help. If you use the Bible passages be nice.
Message 78 of 83
latest reply

@happy2with1 wrote:
What? 53 retractions? Are you talking to me?

If so, you are so wrong or I don't know what you are talking about.

Sellers get aggressive here in the community for some dishonest reason. How sad.

Interesting that you changed your feedback to private.

"It is an intelligent man that is aware of his own ignorance."
Message 79 of 83
latest reply

@happy2with1 wrote:
Shipping is expensive on purposely from a lot of sellers. How come that the shipping cost of a miniature doll like 2.5" is $14.00? And it's ok to the ones who know about it and can run from it, but I think is not nice for the new or sometimes once in a while buyers. I learned now, and I learned on the though way. Sellers when I was a new buyer used to tell me that they were the ones who paid for shipping, until a cs representative told me that it wasn't the truth.
One seller still on eBay told me one time to check my PayPal and to pay the invoice, I did it and then since I had an old address, the seller sent it to the wrong one, after that I was yelled by the seller because the person who got the boxes returned them, and the seller even said:
Why the boxes were sent!!! I paid a lot for shipping!!!
First of all now that I know, the seller shouldn't send me any invoice through PayPal but eBay,, second of all, I was the one who paid, then she blocked me, and now thinking about all that, she shouldn't tricked me like that, gotten angry because the one who did so wrong it was her, not me.
So yes, a lot of sellers take advantage for new buyers, but I learned and it is not fun to learned everything like that, when they make you to feel the bad guy.

I’m trying to understand what you’re saying here.  You paid with an old address and say the seller sent it to the wrong address to the seller send it to the old address you paid with ?   That would be your error the seller needs to ship to the address in the PayPal transaction.  If the package then went back to the seller and you expected a full refund on the premise you were the one who paid shipping and not them.  Well if the seller were to fully refund you they would be out that shipping cost.  You paid them for the shipping they paid the post office for the shipping that money would be gone.  

“Birth certificates show that you were born. Death certificates show that you died. Photographs show that you have lived.” -Unknown
Message 80 of 83
latest reply

This thread is almost two years old...

The easier you are to offend the easier you are to control.

We seem to be getting closer and closer to a situation where nobody is responsible for what they did but we are all responsible for what somebody else did. - Thomas Sowell
Message 81 of 83
latest reply

@southern*sweet*tea wrote:

This thread is almost two years old...

I know but the op replied yesterday and that was the response I quoted and replied to. 

“Birth certificates show that you were born. Death certificates show that you died. Photographs show that you have lived.” -Unknown
Message 82 of 83
latest reply

Hi everyone,

Due to the length of time that has passed since this thread began, we have locked it from future replies. If this is still an issue that warrants discussion, don't hesitate to begin a new thread here.

Thanks.

Message 83 of 83
latest reply