cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Seller would only ship an item if "item not received case" was closed; negative feedback removed

Item was ordered 5/5, by 6/6 when the item had not arrived yet I contacted the seller for tracking since none had been provided, the seller said there was no tracking but it should be "arriving any day now"

By 6/11 the item still did not arrive and due to my window to open an item not receive claim almost being closed I opened an item not received case

Seller quickly responded being very defensive questioning why I opened the case saying "I told you your cards should be coming last week or early this week. Why did you open a request with EBay, why aren’t you trying to resolve with me directly?"

On 6/12 (the day after the case was opened...) the seller messaged "as I suspected your package was returned to me. This happens now and again, and explains why it hasn’t gotten to you as of yet. What would you like to do? I can refund you if you want, or I can resend"

I asked for the item to be reshipped and the seller would only reship if the case was closed, I asked for them to be relisted so they could be repurchased and the seller responded "I can, but why not just cancel your request? If you want them, they are already yours, why take a chance that they sell for more? Plus they will go in cue and may only go back up in a couple months depending on inventory"

Seller continued with "I’m pretty clear in my item descriptions about how I ship, time frames, how I deal with buyers who go through EBay, and I don’t get top rated seller status by ripping people off. I work hard to make sure my buyers get what they pay for, or in the worst case, I refund them directly without EBay’s involvement. And unfortunately, from my experience, I’ve found that the majority of people who use EBay’s money back guarantee are simply abusing the system, or using it inappropriately (like in this case), so I have to block them to protect myself. I will issue your refund now. Sorry that we can’t resolve this on our own."

A refund was received and negative feedback was left but seller was able to get the negative feedback removed (feedback was direct, honest, did not contain profanity or anything even close).

The seller puts in their listings "I work with my customer’s directly to resolve any issues, because I care, and I don’t mind issuing refunds where necessary. Going through Ebay affects my seller rating, you end up with the same, or worse resolution, but you will no longer be able to bid on my auctions in the future. It is important to note that Ebay is an absolute last resort. It is meant as a safety net for buyers where sellers are uncooperative, unfriendly, or unresponsive. Not for use just because it’s there."

This seems pretty abusive and not following ebay policies....essentially threating you by saying if you try to get support through ebay if the transaction does not go right as it did not in my case...not sure how this is allowed on ebay and how negative feedback for a seller bullying a buyer when the items were never received...

Message 1 of 15
latest reply
14 REPLIES 14

Re: Seller would only ship an item if "item not received case" was closed; negative feedba

So you didn't know that, once you close the case, eBay has washed its hands of the whole thing and you have to pursue an item not received case with Paypal, or open a chargeback with your credit card?

A buyer can open a case once an item is just one day overdue and has 30 days to do it with eBay.

Have you never read eBays Money Back Guarantee? It's actually very good when used in a timely fashion.  Hope you will keep it in mind if this happens again.

We can't see the FB you left for that seller, but eBay would have removed it if you mentioned having to open a case or having a hard time resolving the issue.

PLEASE read the MBG for your own protection.  And, BTW, most of that statement from the seller is completely untrue and unenforceable. 

Message 2 of 15
latest reply

Re: Seller would only ship an item if "item not received case" was closed; negative feedba

Wow, that seller left buyer negative feedback. 

i'd report him for harassment.

Message 3 of 15
latest reply

@soh.maryl wrote:

So you didn't know that, once you close the case, eBay has washed its hands of the whole thing and you have to pursue an item not received case with Paypal, or open a chargeback with your credit card?

A buyer can open a case once an item is just one day overdue and has 30 days to do it with eBay.

Have you never read eBays Money Back Guarantee? It's actually very good when used in a timely fashion.  Hope you will keep it in mind if this happens again.

We can't see the FB you left for that seller, but eBay would have removed it if you mentioned having to open a case or having a hard time resolving the issue.

PLEASE read the MBG for your own protection.  And, BTW, most of that statement from the seller is completely untrue and unenforceable. 

Did you read the OP?

"By 6/11 the item still did not arrive and due to my window to open an item not receive claim almost being closed I opened an item not received case"

"A refund was received and negative feedback was left but seller was able to get the negative feedback removed (feedback was direct, honest, did not contain profanity or anything even close)."

Message 4 of 15
latest reply

I've noticed top rated sellers to be the biggest abusers and try to avoid them. They cancel items frequently with fake excuses, don't ship, don't describe items details,  then refund 50% for returns, and have their negs and neutral feedbacks removed. Ebay allows them to do it too.

Message 5 of 15
latest reply

I do not know how to get in contact with Ebay regarding this issue, what can I do to contact them? Since the case is considered closed I cannot contact ebay through the purchase and there is no option to report the feedback they left which is blatantly false. In the messages with the seller they say on 6/12 38 days after the order that they have the item on-hand themselves and will only ship it if the case is closed....

Message 6 of 15
latest reply

You can report the seller here...

https://www.ebay.com/help/action?topicid=4022

Message 7 of 15
latest reply

Thank you, is there a way to contact ebay to have feedback left for me as the buyer removed when it is untrue and derogatory? I do not understand how a buyer who never received an item from a seller who fully admits they have the item on hand can be publicly accused of "stealing" 

Message 8 of 15
latest reply

Apparently, you were successful in getting that feedback removed, kudos to you. Amazing that anyone bothers to purchase from this seller considering his "policies" and surprised he is still allowed to sell on here. He literally writes that he will ship late, with no tracking, and if you don't like that then don't bother buying from him. He is completely honest, have to say....

Message 9 of 15
latest reply

I thought you were reporting the feedback with the link above.

If you want to speak to an agent you can have them call you by phone or use the chat on the left in this link

https://www.ebay.com/help/contact_us?id=4005&st=10

Message 10 of 15
latest reply

Yes, I did read the OP.

Message 11 of 15
latest reply

Well I thought the OP sounded knowledgeable of the MBG based on what I read, and your first reply seemed to say the opposite.

Message 12 of 15
latest reply

This sort of thing happens a lot on fleabay. The scam sellers try extorting buyers into dropping the case and if they do they still won't get a refund.

Add to that the fact that fleabay deliberately and consistently removes valid negative feedback on these scammers, as you and I have both experienced.

And NOW they are starting to play games on the forums, closing discussions on fraud and giving bogus errors when trying to reply.

Message 13 of 15
latest reply

Thank you to everyone that commented and provided advice

I got the feedback left for me removed but the deserved negative feedback for the seller is remaining removed

Ironically the seller has the item relisted already, pretty interesting for when I asked for it to be relisted so I could rebuy they said it would take "months" to get relisted

This type of gaslighting by a seller is really frustrating that ebay will not do anything to sanction them for; I am an experienced and knowledgeable buyer and seller so I knew as soon as the seller made multiple requests to close the case something was off but I do feel bad for other unsuspecting buyers getting bullied by sellers telling them they are abusing buyer protection and will be reported for trying to protect themselves

Message 14 of 15
latest reply

@campanaelia wrote:

I've noticed top rated sellers to be the biggest abusers and try to avoid them. They cancel items frequently with fake excuses, don't ship, don't describe items details,  then refund 50% for returns, and have their negs and neutral feedbacks removed. Ebay allows them to do it too.

One person's abuse is another person's being protected from bad buyers

Message 15 of 15
latest reply